For centuries, people have been searching for the secret of eternal youth. The desire to preserve beauty, health and activity pushed researchers to the most unusual experiments. This topic does not cease to excite and modern people.
Myths and legends
Eternal beauty and youth is the cherished dream of mankind. This topic was relevant at all times, as evidenced by the numerous legends and myths that have survived to this day. So, the most interesting are the following:
- Sumerian king Gilgamesh, who dreamed of immortality, learns about a certain magic flower that has miraculous properties. Having gotten the coveted plant, he does not have time to use it. The flower was eaten by a snake, after which it immediately shed its skin and looked younger.
- Another imprint is about the ancient Iranian physician Avicenna. Sensing a quick end, he made 40 potions and handed them to his best student. After the death of the scientist, the young man began to sequentially pour the contents of the vials into his mouth, noticing how the old decrepit body turns into a young and powerful. Being overwhelmed by the result, he dropped the last bottle that Avicenna brought back to life.
- In China, there is a legend about the descendants of the Heavenly Lord. So, there lived a man named Peng-tzu, who at 767 years old looked quite young and felt fine. According to legend, he cooked pheasant soup so well that, having tried it, Vladyka gave a man a life of 800 years.
- At a time when emperors were in charge of China, people considered them to be gods, and therefore the rulers in every way tried to find the secret of youth and longevity. In one of the temples lived monks at the age of 120 years and more. To the emperor's question about the secret of their longevity, they replied that they performed a complex of 16 special exercises throughout their lives. Since then, they were kept under the strictest secret and were available only to the ruler.
Virtually every culture has its own elixir of eternal youth, on the basis of which modern researchers are trying to create a miracle cure. Here are the most vivid examples:
- In Tibet, a famous recipe for cooking special water. In a glass jar you need to put a piece of rock crystal, rose quartz, amethyst and carnelian, which is poured with boiled water. Capacity should stand in the sun for 8-10 hours. Every day you need to drink at least 2 glasses, as well as do all sorts of compresses and lotions.
- Another Tibetan recipe belongs to the monks. They prepared an infusion of immortelle, chamomile and birch buds. The finished drug was used with honey.
- In India, garlic is considered the elixir of immortality. According to legend, with the help of this tool, God himself was saved in a fight with unclean forces.
- The Egyptians considered the elixir of immortality a drink from a Sudanese rose. We know it better known as karkade. By the way, the petals of the plant were found in the tombs of the Pharaohs, among other incense.
- In the Mediterranean culture with a special respect for the lemon. It was believed that if you daily drink mineral water with sour juice and a small amount of honey, you can gain longevity.
- Vikings instead of tea drank a decoction of nettle and knotweed. It is the regular use of such a drink that they owe their strength and longevity.
Exercises for eternal youth
Unfortunately, the beauty and health of a person dries out very quickly. However, there are a number of ways to stay young and active as long as possible. So, five exercises of Tibetan monks are widely popular. Eternal youth, of course, will not come from them, but you are guaranteed good health and a fresh appearance. So, the complex looks like this:
- Stand up straight and stretch your arms parallel to the floor. Start turning from left to right until you feel dizzy. 3-4 rotations are enough for beginners, and the recommended maximum is 21 (for healthy and physically active people). In order to not feel worse, it is better to sit down or lie down after the exercise.
- Lie on your back, stretching your arms along your torso. The head should be raised, pressing his chin to his chest. Without bending your knees, lift your legs as high as possible. Reaching the extreme point, it is necessary to slowly lower your head and legs. The exercise is repeated several times. When lifting, take a deep breath, and when lowering, take a full breath.
- Get down on your knees, straightening the body. The head should be tilted forward and firmly press the chin to the chest. Fix your hands on your hips, then tilt your head far back, lean back and bend back in the spine as much as possible. At the same time take a deep breath. Returning to the starting position, completely exhale.
- Sitting on the floor, straighten your back, and spread your straight legs 30 cm. Hands should be stretched along the body, and palms should be rested on the floor. The chin is down and pressed to the chest. Now, leaning on the palms and feet, lift the torso so that it is parallel to the floor. In this case, with his hands and feet, it should form a right angle. Tighten the muscles, then return to the starting position and relax.
- Lie on the floor, face down. Raise the torso, leaning on straight arms (palms next to the hips). Tilt your head back and maximize the lower back. Now it is necessary to raise the pelvis as high as possible so that both the legs and the body remain smooth. The head is pressed to the chin. Return to the starting position and rest.
How to do the exercises correctly
The pledge of eternal youth is not only in the exercises themselves, but also in the correctness of their performance. Follow these tips:
- at the initial stage, do no more than three repetitions of each exercise, doubling this indicator after each week of regular classes;
- the maximum number of repetitions is 21;
- this complex can be performed at any time of the day, but it is better to follow the experience of the Tibetan lamas, doing exercises at sunrise;
- do not try to do all 5 exercises from the first time (if you feel very tired, you should stop the exercise);
- although the exercises work in combination, you can eliminate the one that is most difficult for you.
Fruit of eternal youth
Since nutrition is one of the main ways of maintaining the vital activity of an organism, it is fair to assume that food can affect its state. So, the ancient sages claimed that there is a fruit of eternal youth. The Chinese consider this fruit peach. In ancient times it was believed that a person who was fortunate enough to try this fruit would be granted immortality and inexhaustible youth.
Of course, the peach will not give eternal youth, but in part this attitude to it is fair. It contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, C, E, H, PP, as well as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, calcium, iron, zinc, selenium, carotene, fiber and other useful substances. Thus, the peach contributes to the normal functioning of the cardiovascular system, activates the metabolism, improves digestion.
Peach is a priceless fruit for the skin. Regularly using it, as well as using it in the form of masks, you can moisturize the epidermis well, eliminate small wrinkles, as well as improve the skin tone. In the summer season you need to eat as many fresh peaches as possible, and in the cold season it is recommended to eat canned food.
Tips Marisa Pier
Invaluable advice for women (and for men) is given in her works by Marisa Pier. The secrets of eternal youth opened to her in the process of learning at the Center for Longevity and the Institute of Hypnosis. It turns out that it is not at all necessary to resort to plastic surgery, exhaust yourself with diets and impose tons of cosmetics. The following recommendations will help you to feel young:
- Change your idea of age. Old age is not the number of years, but thinking. At times, a person in 50 years may be younger than 30 years old.
- Replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Think of your beauty and other virtues. Then those around you will notice only these characteristics in you.
- It is known that thoughts tend to materialize. Create your ideal image in your mind and constantly think about it.
- Do not what befits your chronological age, but what you want.
- Do not talk bad about yourself. Even if you are worried about any flaws in appearance, do not discuss them with others.
- Surround yourself with images that remind you of your younger years. This could be movies, music and other things that you loved at a young age.
- Strengthen your body. Eat right, exercise, care for yourself. Youth is impossible without well-being.
- Feel happy. Try to rejoice even in small things, and dismiss as much as possible the negative.
- Never compare yourself with other people (especially if their example is disappointing). Better find for yourself the ideal of beauty and youth, trying to strive for it.
Scientists around the world are trying to find a recipe for eternal youth. A researcher who succeeds will earn billions of dollars, because demand is formed, first of all, by the richest people in the world. So, a serious step towards the discovery of such funds was made by scientists from Lausanne.
In mammals, including humans, the regenerative properties of tissues deteriorate with age, which is the main cause of aging. The reason for this is the poor performance of the mitochondria, which are energy centers. When their activity is inhibited, the process of regeneration of stem cells slows down or stops altogether.
Through years of research, scientists were able to establish that nicotinamide riboside (a substance similar to vitamin B3) restores the function of mitochondria. Already conducted relevant experiments on mice. So, regularly introducing the substance into the body of two-year-olds, it was possible to accelerate the regeneration of muscle tissue. In this case, the mice that were subjected to the experiment, lived an order of magnitude longer than those that did not participate in the experiment.
Despite the fact that the animals did not observe any abnormalities in terms of the work of the brain and other systems of the body, scientists are still not in a hurry to test this elixir of eternal youth in humans. There is a fear that nicotinamide riboside can provoke the multiplication and growth of pathogenic cells, leading to the formation of tumors.
Even in the modern technological world, traditional medicine does not lose its relevance. Perhaps every healer or herbalist has his own recipe for eternal youth. The most popular are the following:
- Every day you need to eat a teaspoon of a mixture of lemon juice, honey and any vegetable oil. It is best to do it on an empty stomach.
- Wheat germ has healing properties. Every day you need to eat at least 50 grams of grains. Oats and barley are also helpful.
- Bulgarian healers recommend eating 2 apples instead of breakfast and drinking a glass of natural yogurt. Such a diet will improve health and give lightness throughout the body.
- In a glass of boiling milk, add 3 cloves of chopped garlic and some honey. A little boiling means, it needs to cool and drink. Weekly course of rejuvenation should be repeated periodically.
- Miraculous properties are attributed to silver. A coin made of this metal, you need to heat up on fire and throw in a glass of water. Take this drink need a week.
One of the main desires of modern man is eternal youth. Women and men go to the most unexpected experiments on themselves, to extend the period of their beauty and activity. Nevertheless, it is enough to follow some simple tips to stay young as long as possible:
- The body needs to be given the opportunity for full recovery, which is realized through rest and sleep. So, after 18:00 you need to stop all working activity, and at 22:00 you need to go to bed. The best time for getting up is 06:00.
- The body needs regular cleansing. First of all, you should take care of the external (daily hygiene). As for internal cleansing, it is achieved by consuming dairy products, cereals and taking antioxidants.
- Do not forget about physical activity. If the body is in a passive state, the body begins to stagnate. Therefore it is recommended to move a lot. Not necessarily hard to play sports. Enough to walk.
- Watch the quality of water, because it is the basis of the body.
- Hormones largely determine the emotional and physical state of a person. It is necessary to periodically pass the appropriate tests. If you find deviations from the norm is to seek help from a specialist.
- Consult a doctor in a timely manner (even with the slightest indisposition). In this case, your health should be trusted only to qualified professionals with a good reputation.
- Let your muscles relax. The fact is that muscles tend to memorize gestures and facial expressions that do not always adorn a person. To avoid this, regularly visit the bath or massage.
- The source of eternal youth is meditation. Even if you are not familiar with Eastern practices, it is sometimes enough just to turn off the mind, enjoying the beauty of nature, music or silence.
For centuries, people have been searching for the source of eternal youth. This question is shrouded in legends and secrets. Both scientists and folk healers deal with this issue. Nevertheless, it is worth noting that the resource for eternal youth and longevity lies in each of us. The main thing is to carefully care for your body and soul. Then your real age will be much less chronological.