Many women can envy the beauty of Eastern women's hair. What is their secret? The answer is simple: over the centuries they have been using henna to strengthen and color their hair. It is a mistake that this product makes the hair stiff, acquiring an unnaturally reddish hue. This is a myth that we will try to discredit this article.
Henna: a miracle product for hair
Henna – a product of processing the leaves of a shrub of lawsonite. It grows in areas with hot dry climate of: Egypt, North Africa and India. Those beauties who take care of the health of the hair, and prefer only natural products, to appreciate this wonderful powder.By the way, henna is quite widely used: Indian henna is used for drawing tattoos, its ability to heal wounds, reduce headache, improve skin condition is known. But most of all the curative effect for hair and scalp is appreciated.
- Due to the fact that henna is a completely natural product, it does not destroy the hair structure, but rather restores. Smooths scales, and as a result, voluminous, shiny hair.
- Healing powder is able to regulate the sebaceous glands of the head, so the hair looks neat and beautiful.
- Henna fights dandruff, she is a wonderful antiseptic.
- Painted with henna at any age, it can be used by pregnant women and nursing mothers. Because this tool does not contain peroxide and ammonia.
- Tanning substances condense hair, make a hairdo volume.
When henna can harm
Despite the natural origin of henna, it has a number of properties that can bring to naught the result of application. So, it should be remembered that it is impossible to color her gray hair - the color will be uneven.
Do not be friends henna and with dyed hair or a chemical wave. In the first case, it is impossible to say exactly what color will turn out (there are occasions that, due to reaction with chemical reagents, the hair becomes greenish), and in the second case, "chemistry" can straighten. It's all about tannins, thanks to which the hair is smoothed. These same substances contribute to the dryness of the scalp.
Rules of application of henna
To the result of treatment or staining of henna was happy, and not upset, one should adhere to simple rules:
- Be sure to coat the head with a fat cream or olive oil. This is necessary in order to avoid staining of the skin. With the same purpose recommended the use of gloves.
- After a perm, you can not use henna. It is necessary to wait until the damaged hair grows.
- Henna Iranian and Indian don't like boiling water: under its influence, the coloring properties are leveled. Dissolve the powder need 70-degree water.
- Masks, where the basis of henna Iranian or Indian, do not more often than once a week. Otherwise you can spoil the hair, they become too tough and lose their Shine, and the scalp will get too dry.
- Henna does not tolerate the neighborhood of artificial dyes, so you need to mix it with natural supplements, some to be described later.
- Before painting it is recommended to try henna to small sections of hair to ensure that this dye is suitable for you.
- Buying the product, carefully study the composition, unscrupulous producers may add unnatural components.
Indian henna or Iranian? Color or colorless? Cheapest or more expensive? It is these questions that many ask themselves, standing at the counter, where this miraculous powder is sold. What kind of a choice to achieve the maximum result?
Colorless henna should be chosen to cure hair, improve their condition, give volume and natural shine. The stems of lavson have no color effect, so they are used to make this kind of henna. The color of the powder is green. The plus is that this henna is suitable for everyone, it is added to masks and other means of intensive hair restoration.
Color henna - Iranian, Indian. It is a natural means of dyeing hair. It is cheaper than colorless. It is a mistake to believe that with its help it is possible to achieve only a reddish shade. The color will depend on what ingredients are added to the mass for painting.
It should not be confused with natural henna white (it is used for clarification), purple, burgundy, pink and others. This is a fraud, because the shade of these products is achieved by the addition of synthetic dyes, sometimes destructively affecting the hair.
Iranian henna: reviews and manufacturers
The cheapest and most common type is henna Iranian natural. It can give the hair all sorts of shades from golden honey to black. The downside is that to this kind of miracle powder you need to mix the ingredients in order to get the desired color. But cheaper is henna Iranian. Reviews and price analysis talk about this.
Produced this kind of pigment powder in several ways. So, in the form of a dry substance sold by Iranian henna now, of course. Customer feedback suggests that this tool is very cheap, gives a beautiful color, great hair! Available in packs of 125 g. Despite the low price of henna now, of course, consumers give it a solid 5 stars out of five.
Another option is henna "Phytocosmetics" Iranian. She also earned rave reviews from consumers. Like its predecessor, it is able to give the hair a healthy appearance and glow. Sold in sachets of 25 g, although it is henna this manufacturer much more expensive.
Those who do not want to prepare their own mass for painting, the producers are offered cream henna Iranian. It is already a diluted powder, which must only be applied to the hair. Consumers estimate this type of henna is not as good as analogues in the form of a powder. Firstly, because the color is kept worse, and secondly, the composition contains unnatural coloring components. The price of this henna is higher than that of the one that must be prepared independently.
Along with the powdered Iranian henna, Indian reviews deserve good reviews. Unfortunately, it can rarely be found on the shelves. Those consumers who appreciated this particular grade of henna, order it on the Internet or buy in specialized stores of Indian goods. This species is an order of magnitude more expensive than henna Iranian.
In addition, it is sold in initially ready shades, i.e. it does not need anything to mix to achieve desired color.Each of the five shades of Indian henna contains natural supplements: black - indigo; machaon - beet juice; Burgundy - also beetroot juice, but in greater concentration; brown - turmeric; Golden - turmeric and cinnamon in certain proportions.
According to consumers, it can be concluded that even though this henna is more expensive than Iranian at times (the price is from 180 rubles per 100 g), it is judged to be more qualitative and convenient in application and washing. This is due to the fact that the grains of Indian henna are smaller, and by consistency, it is more like flour.
How to Treat Henna Hair
In order to cure hair, the colorless henna is best for Iran. Feedback allows you to conclude that it will best cope with this task.
So, the procedure for wrapping hair is equated with expensive lamination. To do this, dilute the colorless henna according to the instructions, apply to the hair, wrap it with polyethylene film and a towel. The exposure time is half an hour. After this time, it is necessary to wash the head of the powder. After 2-3 procedures around the hair will create a natural protective film, and they themselves will look bulky and shiny. The secret of the effect of henna is that it penetrates deeply into the hair, affecting its structure.
Henna is irreplaceable in order to strengthen the hair. In the boiled water boiled henna, you need to add vegetable oil (burdock or olive). According to the consistency, the mass must be sufficiently liquid, but at the same time mushy. Do not be superfluous a few drops of vitamins E or A. The mask is evenly distributed throughout the hair and carefully rubbed into the roots. After 20 minutes, wash it off with shampoo.
Preheated kefir or curdled milk, used for breeding henna, will help make hair elastic and stunningly shiny. Keep the mask for at least an hour.
If you add eggs in henna, lemon juice (no more than 2 tablespoons) and curdled milk - it will be an excellent remedy for hair loss.
Defeat dandruff will help both henna in its pure form, and a mask of it with the addition of essential oil of eucalyptus, lemon and castor oil.
Secrets of getting beautiful shades
If you use Iranian henna, you can achieve the desired shade with the following additives:
- If you want to get a "mahogany" color, you need to add Cahors to henna.
- For a purple hue, use the beet juice, heated to 60-70 degrees, to dilute the powder.
- Chocolate and chestnut will help to achieve the coffee. In the first case, black, second is freshly ground. It is added to the powder in a ratio of 25 grams to 1 teaspoon.
- Turmeric or saffron will give the Iranian henna a warm golden color.
- A very beautiful chocolate shade will give black tea or hops.
Henna painting rules
To achieve good results in the use of henna for staining, you must follow the rules:
- Don't forget to moisturize your hair with a special mask a day before the dyeing procedure. Remember that henna dries the scalp.
- Dilute the powder with hot water and stir until a homogeneous mass of sour cream.
- Short hair will require 50 g of dry product, for long hair - 200 g.
- You need to paint, dry hair starting from the nape of the neck. Upon completion of the procedure to assemble them on top. Remember that it is best henna works in the heat, so you must create a steam room effect with polyethylene and towels.
- The hair is good prekratilis, keep the weight on the head have about 1.5 hours after rinse with warm water. To use the shampoo is strictly prohibited for three days after colouring.