The beauty of the hair of Eastern women, many may envy. What is their secret? The answer is simple: for centuries they have used henna to strengthen and dye their hair. It is a mistaken opinion that this product makes hair tough, acquiring an unnaturally reddish tint. This is the myth that we will try to debunk this article.
Henna: a wonderful tool for hair
Henna – a product of processing the leaves of a shrub of lawsonite. It grows in areas with hot dry climate of: Egypt, North Africa and India. Those beauties who take care of the health of the hair, and prefer only natural products, to appreciate this wonderful powder.By the way, henna has a rather wide application: Indian henna is used for drawing tattoos, its ability to heal wounds, reduce headaches, improve skin condition is known. But the healing effect for hair and scalp is most appreciated.
- Due to the fact that henna is a completely natural product, it does not destroy the hair structure, but rather restores. Smooths scales, and as a result, voluminous, shiny hair.
- Healing powder is able to regulate the sebaceous glands of the head, so the hair looks neat and beautiful.
- Henna fights dandruff, it is an excellent antiseptic.
- Painted with henna at any age, it can be used by pregnant women and nursing mothers. Because this tool does not contain peroxide and ammonia.
- Tannins tighten hair, make hair volume.
When henna can harm
Despite the natural origin of henna, it has a number of properties that can nullify the result of the application. So, remember that it is impossible to paint over gray hair with it - the color will be uneven.
Henna is not friendly with dyed hair or a perm. In the first case, it is impossible to say exactly what color it will turn out (there are cases that due to the reaction with chemical reagents of the dye, the hair becomes greenish), and in the second - the “chemistry” can straighten up. It's all about tannins, thanks to which the hair is smoothed. These same substances contribute to dry scalp.
Henna Application Rules
In order to heal rather than upset the result of treatment or henna staining, you should follow some simple rules:
- Be sure to coat the head with a fat cream or olive oil. This is necessary in order to avoid staining of the skin. With the same purpose recommended the use of gloves.
- After a perm, no henna can be used. You must wait until the damaged hair grows back.
- Henna Iranian and Indian don't like boiling water: under its influence, the coloring properties are leveled. Dissolve the powder need 70-degree water.
- Masks, where the basis of henna Iranian or Indian, do not more often than once a week. Otherwise you can spoil the hair, they become too tough and lose their Shine, and the scalp will get too dry.
- Henna does not tolerate the neighborhood of artificial dyes, so you need to mix it with natural supplements, some to be described later.
- Before painting it is recommended to try henna to small sections of hair to ensure that this dye is suitable for you.
- Buying the product, carefully study the composition, unscrupulous producers may add unnatural components.
Indian henna or Iranian? Color or colorless? Cheapest or more expensive? It is these questions that many people ask themselves while standing at the counter where this miraculous powder is sold. What type to choose to achieve the maximum result?
Colorless henna should be chosen to cure hair, improve its condition, give volume and natural shine. The stems of Lawson do not have a coloring effect, so they are used for the manufacture of this type of henna. The color of the powder is green. The advantage is that this henna suits absolutely everyone, it is added to masks and other means of intensive hair restoration.
Colored henna - Iranian, Indian. It is a natural hair dye. It is cheaper than colorless. It is a mistake to believe that with its help it is possible to achieve only a red shade. The color will depend on which ingredients are added to the mass for painting.
Not to be confused with natural henna white (it is used for lightening), purple, maroon, pink and others. This is a sham, because the shade of these products is achieved by adding synthetic dyes, sometimes disastrously affecting the hair.
Iranian henna: reviews and manufacturers
The cheapest and most common type is natural Iranian henna. It can give your hair all sorts of shades from golden honey to black. The downside is that ingredients need to be added to this type of miracle powder in order to get the desired color. But cheaper it is henna Iranian. Reviews and price analysis talk about it.
Produced this kind of pigment powder in several ways. So, in the form of a dry substance sold by Iranian henna now, of course. Customer feedback suggests that this tool is very cheap, gives a beautiful color, great hair! Available in packs of 125 g. Despite the low price of henna now, of course, consumers give it a solid 5 stars out of five.
Another option is henna "Phytocosmetics" Iranian. She also earned rave reviews from consumers. Like its predecessor, it is able to give the hair a healthy appearance and glow. Sold in sachets of 25 g, although it is henna this manufacturer much more expensive.
For those who do not want to independently prepare a mass for painting, manufacturers offer henna cream Iranian. It is already a diluted powder, which only needs to be applied to the hair. Consumers rate this type of henna is not as good as analogs in the form of powder. First, because the color is kept worse, and secondly, there are unnatural dye components in the composition. The price of this henna is higher than that of the one you need to cook yourself.
Along with powdered Iranian henna, Indian has earned good reviews. Unfortunately, it is rarely found on the shelves. Those consumers who appreciate this particular henna variety, order it on the Internet or purchase it in specialized stores of Indian goods. This view is much more expensive than Iranian henna.
In addition, it is sold in initially ready shades, i.e. it does not need anything to mix to achieve desired color.Each of the five shades of Indian henna contains natural additives: black - indigo; Machaon - beet juice; burgund - also beet juice, but in greater concentration; brown - turmeric; golden - turmeric and cinnamon in certain proportions.
According to consumer reviews, it can be concluded that even though this henna is more expensive than Iranian at times (the price is from 180 rubles per 100 g), it is rated as better and easier to apply and wash. This is due to the fact that the grains of Indian henna are smaller, and in terms of consistency, it is more like flour.
How to treat henna hair
In order to cure hair, colorless henna Iranian is best suited. Reviews lead us to conclude that she will do the job best.
Thus, the procedure of wrapping hair is equivalent to expensive lamination. To do this, just dissolve the colorless henna according to the instructions, apply to the hair, wrap with a film of polyethylene and a towel. The exposure time is half an hour. After this time it is necessary to wash the head from the powder. After 2-3 procedures around the hair will create a natural protective film, and they themselves will look voluminous and shiny. The secret of henna exposure is that it penetrates deep into the hair, affecting its structure.
Henna is indispensable in order to strengthen the hair. In henna brewed boiling water, you need to add vegetable oil (burdock or olive). The consistency of the mass should be sufficiently liquid, but at the same time, mushy. Do not be redundant a few drops of vitamins E or A. The mask is evenly distributed through the hair and thoroughly rubbed into the roots. After 20 minutes it is necessary to wash off all the shampoo.
Heated kefir or yogurt, used for breeding henna, will help to make the hair elastic and amazingly shiny. Keep the mask for at least an hour.
If you add eggs, lemon juice (no more than 2 tablespoons) and yogurt to henna, you will get an excellent remedy for hair loss.
Defeating dandruff will help both henna in its pure form, and a mask from it with the addition of essential oil of eucalyptus, lemon and castor oil.
Secrets of getting beautiful shades
If you are using Iranian henna, then you can achieve the desired shade with the following additives:
- If you want to get a color like "mahogany" - you need to add Cahors to henna.
- For a purple hue, use beetroot juice heated to 60-70 degrees to dilute the powder.
- Chocolate and chestnut will help to achieve the coffee. In the first case, black, second is freshly ground. It is added to the powder in a ratio of 25 grams to 1 teaspoon.
- Turmeric or saffron will give Iranian henna a warm golden color.
- A very beautiful chocolate color will give black tea or hops.
Henna painting rules
To achieve good results in the use of henna for dyeing, you must follow the rules:
- Don't forget to moisturize your hair with a special mask a day before the dyeing procedure. Remember that henna dries the scalp.
- Dilute the powder with hot water and stir until a homogeneous mass of sour cream thickness.
- For short hair, 50 g of dry product is required; for long hair, 200 g.
- You need to paint, dry hair starting from the nape of the neck. Upon completion of the procedure to assemble them on top. Remember that it is best henna works in the heat, so you must create a steam room effect with polyethylene and towels.
- The hair is good prekratilis, keep the weight on the head have about 1.5 hours after rinse with warm water. To use the shampoo is strictly prohibited for three days after colouring.