In the warm summer day you want to go to the nearest park and spend time with your friends, relaxing from worries. An excellent solution will be a novelty in the world of modern technology - a hoverboard, reviews of which are left by people of different sexes and ages. The so-called mini-segway is most often used as an unusual and convenient means of transportation.
What it is
Not all modern people know how much a hovercraft costs and what it is all about. This name received a new type of street transport, which is ideal for unhurried walks. Externally, it looks like a two-wheeled board of not too large size, moving with the help of a pair of electric motors on batteries. The driver of this vehicle will not need to have a good vestibular apparatus, which is necessary for skates and bicycles, as special sensors are built into it, creating balance and enabling a person to maintain balance during movement.
Such an unusual type of transport, like a hoverboard, has more positive reviews, because there are really a lot of advantages in it:
- Compactness and ease. Any model of a hoverboard can easily replace a bicycle due to its small size as well as relative lightness. Its weight does not exceed 10 kilograms, so transportation of it in public transport or the trunk of your own car will not be a problem.
- Speed. Even a children's hoverboard (for girls and boys) can reach a speed that will significantly exceed the speed of a simple pedestrian. And adult models can accelerate to 15-17 km / h.
- Efficiency. Thanks to rechargeable batteries, this type of transport does not require additional fuel, it only needs regular charging from the network. Full charging time does not exceed 1.5 hours, and the consumption per kilometer is minimal.
- Versatility. Giroskuter maintains a fairly large weight - up to 120 pounds, what is its versatility. It is suitable for both children and adults, and most importantly - for people of different builds.
- Simple control. In order to start the movement, it is not necessary to strain the arms and legs, the torso will mainly work.
- Sufficient power reserve. The two-wheeled platform allows you to use it for quite a long period of time. Some models work without problems for about 3-4 hours without recharging, or to overcome the distance to 20-25 kilometers.
In addition to the advantages of this vehicle has some drawbacks, although their number is actually much less.Among them:
- Minimum load on the legs. This item will be preferential only for those who during the day receive enough load on their legs. But for people with a sedentary lifestyle, this can bring some problems. For example, it will contribute to the appearance of excess weight, since walks on a hoverboard will replace the necessary walks.
- The inconvenience of charging. Unfortunately, for this type of transport, special gas stations are not yet provided for in the cities, so during the walk it will not be possible to charge the hoverboard at least a little to get home.
- Problems on the road. The new vehicle cannot guarantee safety on the highway, which is intended solely for motor vehicles. Moving there on a hoverboard is not only dangerous, but also prohibited by the rules of the road.
- Limited space. It’s not so easy to find a suitable place for a walk, and on the roads it’s better not to even try to ride. Even the smallest pits and lack of asphalt can contribute to vehicle breakdown of a new generation.
In order to choose the most suitable model for yourself, it is necessary to have at least a general idea of the characteristics of such a transport as a hoverboard. For children and adults, there are both general characteristics and individual ones. Therefore, it is recommended to deal with them carefully.Key points to consider:
- Wheel diameter This is the first point that you should pay attention to when choosing a hoverboard. The diameter ranges from 3 to 20 inches. Consequently, the larger the wheel, the more powerful and faster the device will be. For a room, the most suitable diameter will be 6 inches, but in order to overcome large obstacles, options of 10 inches or more should be considered. For example, the Smart Balance gyroscooter (10 inches) has always been a leader and enjoyed great popularity.
- Maximum speed. Some large models are capable of a fairly high speed - about 30 km / h. In fact, this figure is very high, so this vehicle can be used with active walks.
- Permissible load. Each hoverboard has its own weight limits, but generally the allowable load limit varies between 60-120 kilograms. This factor must be taken into account when buying a device, because the wrong load can easily contribute to rapid wear and tear.
- Power. No less important parameter, which can be found on the basis of data on the weight category of transport and its speed. If these figures are high enough, then the engine is powerful.
- Angle of rise. This characteristic is only optional, as far from all people set as their goal to overcome any heights on a hoverboard. But extreme lovers should consider this item in more detail.
- The presence of the steering wheel. All people have long been accustomed to the fact that a hoverboard is just a board on two wheels, without any additions. In fact, there are devices with a wheel. Such models are usually much more powerful than others.
People often wonder how much a hoverboard costs if there are different wheel diameters. Their price is not very different, although this parameter cannot be left without special attention:
- Miniature girls and teenagers will be ideally suited for girokuter with a wheel diameter of 4.5 inches. Basically, the trip distance in such models is about 20 km, and the load is up to 65 kg.
- 6.5-inch wheels are usually chosen by adults who have never used such a vehicle. They withstand a load of up to 130 kg, and a trip distance is up to 20 km.
- The average format is a hoverboard (8 inches), which is suitable for absolutely anyone. By parameters, it is very similar to the previous option, but the pleasure of a trip on it will be received much more.
- Buyers choose 10 or more inches specifically for difficult roads, such as snow or sand. The trip distance is about 25 km, and the load is up to 125 kg.
Companies from which you can buy a hoverboard, reviews also have a variety. At the moment, buyers have identified several of the best manufacturers, whose products are of really high quality:
Negative reviews about these firms do not exist, as they really provide a diverse range, which includes different models. Among them, any buyer will be able to choose for himself a suitable hoverboard and enjoy walks in any weather.
Variety of models
As mentioned above, in the modern world there are many different models, among which there are both expensive and cheap hoverboards. For those who very carefully chooses a vehicle for themselves, below is a list of leading models, the price of which is not too high, but the quality is at a sufficient level.
So, the list of the best models includes:
- Smart Balance Wheel Transformers is an 8-inch hygro-scooter with a superb design, which has a Bluetooth module, thanks to which you can listen to your favorite music while walking.
- The Smart Balance Wheel is a 6.5-inch model. It charges quite quickly, after which it can travel for about 20 km without stopping. It is often considered as a mini-hoverboard for children.
- Wmotion WM8 - a good option with LED-backlit and relatively fast charging, can withstand weight up to 100 kg.
- Crossway Smart - the main advantage of this hoverboard is the presence of many colors and the minimum mass (10 kg).
Giroskuter Smart Balance (10 inches)
This model is distinguished by many buyers, because there are more than enough advantages in it. This SUV is designed for real men who love to overcome considerable distances and difficult roads. Not many models of gyroscooters could compete with him, since this leader is not so easy to replace. Its main advantages include:
- Minimal vibration.
- Sturdy construction.
- Column equipment.
- Can be classified as "high-quality and cheap girokutery."
The advantages of buyers usually include compactness, ease of management, the presence in some models of columns. For children and adults, gyroscooters have long been something interesting and unusual, so the popularity of these devices is increasing daily, despite the long time they exist.
For the first time, people who saw a gyroscooter could not understand what it is and how it moves, while holding onto a person. But a little later, when such an incredible device appeared in the house, all negative opinions about him disappeared.
Teenagers who ride rollerblading, cycling or skating well will have no difficulty in learning how to keep their balance on a two-wheeled board, therefore this category of customers most express their positive emotions.
Adults value newfangled devices from a slightly different point of view, since at first they find it harder to adapt to them and in general understand why they are needed. Evening walks on a hoverboard help get rid of all the negativity accumulated during a hard working day and recharge your batteries with positive emotions.
Many people even claim that no other novelty will replace the hoverboard. Monowheel, segway or any other newfangled means of transportation can not be compared with the leader. Of course, any feedback is different, so you should consider the disadvantages.
In general, the most common negative review is the price. After all, even a mini-giroskuter for children can cost the parents a tidy sum, although the child will receive a lot of pleasure from such a gift. The rest of the buyers are satisfied with such vehicles, and to find in them the minuses every day more and more difficult.