Often in the terminology of fishing art you can hear the word "feeder". For beginners, this term has an undefined meaning, since it is associated with special sophisticated equipment for fishing.
However, in more detail, you can see that the bottom tackle used when catching a feeder is not that complicated.
More than 50 years ago, an enterprising Englishman, took a curler from his wife (a device for winding his hair) and made a feeder for fish. Having thrown this device into the Thames, the Englishman struck the people around with his catch. The effect of an unusual invention was terrific.
In a few hours he managed to catch several dozen river fishes. So it was the beginning of catching the feeder. Since then, this adaptation is a great success for fans of fishing. Every year manufacturers of equipment for feeder fishing modernize and improve their equipment.
Selection of feeder rod
Before you start fishing on the feeder, it is very important for beginners to choose the right rod. Properly selected equipment for fishing is the key to successful bite.
It is difficult to overestimate the importance of such an important tool in feeder fishing. With the help of fishing rods, you can determine the relief of the river bottom, smooth jerks when fish are caught, determine the behavior of the feeder and so on.
Choosing a feeder for beginners is not an easy task. Therefore, one should heed the advice of experienced anglers. The main points in choosing a feeder rod should be:
- test load;
- quality of rings;
- sensitivity of the vertex.
All these parameters greatly affect the quality of fishing. Consider each segment of the feeder rod individually.
Feeder feeder for beginners at a distance of up to 40 meters is better to produce a rod up to 3.3 meters. This device is most suitable for calm water, when the flow of the river is moderate or there is none at all. The main advantage of this fishing gear is its high sensitivity.
For long-distance casting, the best choice is a feeder of 4 or more meters. Such a rod will ensure an excellent catch in conditions of medium and strong water flow. The technique of catching a feeder for beginners for long-range casting has its own little secret. In order to maintain the sensitivity of tackle, it is necessary to hold the rod strictly upwards when swinging. This provides a quick and unhindered fishing line over the water surface.
To increase the length of the rod, you can use an additional knee, which increases the overall dimensions. This method has its name - a feeder with a prolongation. It is widely used not only by amateurs, but also by professionals. Catching on the feeder for beginners with prolongation is quite successful, as it does not affect the overall system of the rod and provides comfortable fishing in any conditions.
An important element in catching fish on the feeder is the reliability and sensitivity of the rod. The higher these figures, the better the smoothening of jerks occurs. In this case, there is a high probability of breaking the rod at high load. There are three feeder systems:
- fast - fast;
- medium - medium;
- slow - slow.
In order for the fishing tackle to last as long as possible, it is necessary to take into account the test loads, which are indicated on the marking label of the chosen rod. When overloading with bait, you can simply break it. Therefore, all the equipment is divided into classes that indicate test loads. From this, and depends on a comfortable and safe catching on the feeder.
For beginners, consider:
- a test of up to 60 g is an option for low-flow water;
- load up to 80-100 g is designed for catching fish in middle reaches;
- test parameters up to 100-120 g can be used for a strong river flow.
Given these test values, a feeder for novice anglers will deliver true pleasure from fishing. Accordingly, according to the test parameters, the feeder rod is divided into classes:
The last classification of the rod has a test load exceeding 120 g. It is used on rivers with very fast and strong currents. To master such a rod can only experienced fans of feeder fishing.
The choice of transmission rings
An important element for fishing is the correct choice of access rings on the rod. To avoid rubbing and rapid wear, you need to choose a quality insert material. Mounting rings should be on three legs - this makes them more reliable. There are several well-known brands that produce rings of high quality material. These include: Balzer, Fuji, Gold Cermet, SiC. Reputation of these manufacturers does not cause censures and turns the feeder for novice anglers into a real pleasure.
It is simply impossible to underestimate this element of the feeder rod. It is the tip that is the main indicator of sensitivity in fishing. The faster she signals about the bark, the faster the person will react to the bite. The tops have an adjusting stiffness, which makes the feeder for beginners as comfortable as possible.
The equipment is marked with three colors:
The type of the apex is selected in accordance with the class of the feeder rod described above. This tool has one feature: it very often fails, that is, it simply breaks. The cause may be string entanglement or fishing line, mechanical damage and so on. It is very easy to replace a vertex. It is necessary to select a new equipment, according to the class of feeder rod.
The next step in feeder fishing is choosing a coil. Approach to this issue should be very serious. The correct choice of this element will greatly facilitate the feeder for beginners. The figure, the diagram, the description and the technical characteristics of the feeder coils is information that can always be learned from the sales consultants in the fishing tackle shops.
Prompts of experienced feeder fishing fans and professionals of this business will also help, whose practical experience will be very helpful when choosing the best option. Buying a special coil for feeder fishing, you should pay attention to the following components:
- Gear ratio. It determines the number of revolutions per rotation of the coil handle. The most correct choice will be the choice of a universal coil with a gear ratio of up to 5.5.
- Number of bearings. The more of them, the more stable and smooth the coil will be. The number of bearings can be up to 15 units.
- Size and material of the spool. The more it is, the more lines you can wind on it. A spool with a marking of 3000 is considered universal. A device made of graphite is suitable for fishing line. For the cord (braided line), aluminum will be an excellent choice.
- Type of friction brake. This element protects the coil from powerful jerks when diving a river trophy. Front friction provides rapid braking and makes the coil more compact. However, many lovers of fishing prefer coils with rear braking. The reason is that such a device is more convenient to adjust.
- Coil price. This issue is decided on an individual basis and depends on the financial condition of the fisher. Naturally, a high-quality and branded product costs an order of magnitude higher than coils of mass production. Although in this segment there are good specimens.
The word feeder comes from the English feeder, that is the feeder. Naturally, without this snap element, feeder fishing will not bring any results. Anglers with experience in their arsenal have several feeders, which correspond to certain conditions of catching.
For standing water, one species is used, another for rapid river flow. By type feeder troughs are open or closed. Each fender player uses this feature in different ways. The next important element is weight. This criterion is selected depending on the type and class of the rod, as well as on the size and species of river inhabitants.
The feeder section can be round, triangular or square. Each species has its advantages in catching, as well as disadvantages. Determine all the nuances for the choice of feeder feeders can only be done at a particular casting site. Therefore, for beginners the most convenient and best way will be joint fishing with an experienced lover of this kind of catching.
There are no trifles in feeder fishing. Therefore, the issue of gear selection should be approached with special care. In many respects this is what the success of the forthcoming fishing depends on. From the quality of the leash and hooks, it depends whether the fish will fall into the cage or remain on the river open spaces.
Professionals and experienced amateurs have in their arsenal several different leashes. This is done so that during the cliffs they can be quickly replaced. Feeder leashes are made of monolesse, the diameter of which is selected taking into account the alleged river trophy.
For small and medium-sized fish, a leash from a monolayer with a diameter of 0.12-0.14 mm is suitable. For larger fish, a size of 0.14 mm is required. Feeder leashes in a wide range are presented in specialized stores of fishing accessories. However, these fishermen prefer to make such gear with their own hands. To ensure that the assembled leash did not disappoint you at the most inopportune moment, you should listen to a few tips:
- Acquire a line in the coil should not be longer than 25 meters.
- Preference in choosing a fishing line should be given to those with a higher breaking load.
- The elasticity of the future leash depends on the softness of the line.
- Experienced faderists prefer fluorocarboxylic lines, which are invisible to fish and are protected from abrasion.
Keep leashes should be in special guides, which you can buy or manufacture with your own hands.
Choosing hooks for feeder fishing
Hooks should be a lot, as they say, for all occasions. Their choice is determined at the place of fishing, taking into account the size of the bait, as well as the type and weight of the alleged river trophy. You should also pay attention to the conditions of the reservoir.
The main rule - the more careful the fish and the weaker the cloves, the more delicate the hook must be put. At the same time, the potential catches of the potential catch will increase significantly, this must also be taken into account. The most popular manufacturers of fishing hooks are Owner, Gamakatsu, Trabucco.
Catching on the feeder. Lessons for beginners
After all the items are collected, you can go to the place of "hunting". A fascinating and unpredictable fishing world awaits ahead of the beginning fenderist. How to throw a feeder? This question necessarily arises in novice anglers.
Here is a step-by-step instruction on the technique of casting:
- Accept a stable position of the body.
- The rod should be held with both hands - the left holds the beginning of the feeder, the right one is near the coil.
- The finger of the right hand presses the line to the rod.
- The arc of the logging reel of the coil is withdrawn by the left hand.
- The feeder is wound behind the back so that the feeder remains 40-50 cm above the ground.
- Casting. The right hand smoothly straightens, and the left arm slightly bends. When the rod is "two hours", we increase the casting speed so as to reach the peak value of the feeder in its vertical position.
- We release the line, giving it a free stroke.
It is important to note that the feeding place can not be changed. That is, it follows that all casts must be carried out at the same point. After all, there you lay a delicious dining table for your prey.
No tail, no scales to you!