Often in the terminology of the art of fishing you can hear the word “feeder”. For beginners fishing enthusiasts, this term has an indefinite meaning, as it is associated with special sophisticated equipment for fishing.
However, upon closer inspection, you can see that the bottom gear used when fishing with feeders is not such a difficult thing.
More than 50 years ago, an enterprising Englishman, took a curler from his wife (a device for twisting hair) and made a feeder for fish. Having thrown this device into the Thames, the Englishman struck those around him with his catch. The effect of the unusual invention was amazing.
In a few hours he managed to catch several dozen river fish. This was the beginning of catching on the feeder. Since then, this device has been a great success with fishing enthusiasts. Every year, manufacturers of equipment for feeder fishing modernize and improve their equipment.
Choosing a feeder rod
Before you begin to catch on the feeder, for beginners it is very important to choose the right rod. Competently selected equipment for fishing is the key to successful biting.
It is difficult to overestimate the importance of such an important tool in feeder fishing. With the rod you can determine the topography of the river bottom, smooth out jerks when fishing, determine the behavior of the feeder, and so on.
Choosing a feeder for beginners is not an easy task. Therefore, you should heed the advice of experienced anglers. The main points when choosing a feeder rod should be:
- test load;
- the quality of the rings;
- sensitivity done.
All these parameters greatly affect the quality of fishing. Consider each segment of the feeder rod separately.
Throwing feeders for beginners at a distance of 40 meters is better to produce a rod of up to 3.3 meters. Such a device is most suitable for calm water, when the flow of the river is moderate or not at all. The main advantage of such fishing gear is its high sensitivity.
For long casts, a feeder of 4 or more meters will be a better choice. This rod will provide an excellent catch in the conditions of medium and strong water flow. The technique of catching the feeder for beginners with long-distance casting has its own little secret. In order to maintain the sensitivity of the gear, it is necessary to keep the rod strictly upward during the swing. This provides the fishing line with a quick and unobstructed passage over the water surface.
To increase the length of the rod you can use an additional knee, which increases the overall size. This method has its own name - feeder with prolonga. It is widely used not only by amateurs, but also by professionals. Catching on feeder for beginners with long-haul occurs quite successfully, since it does not disturb the general structure of the rod and ensures comfortable fishing in any conditions.
An important element when fishing for feeder is the reliability and sensitivity of the rod. The higher these figures, the better is smoothing jerks. At the same time there is a high probability of the rod breaking under high load. There are three feeder systems:
- fast - fast;
- medium - medium;
- slow - slow.
In order for the fishing gear to last as long as possible, you should consider the test loads, which are indicated on the label of the selected rod. When you overload the bait, you can just break it. Therefore, all equipment is divided into classes, indicating test loads. From this depends on a comfortable and safe catch on the feeder.
For starters, consider:
- a test of up to 60 g is an option for low flow water;
- load up to 80-100 g is designed for fishing with an average current;
- test indicators up to 100-120 g can be used with a strong river flow.
Given these test values, the feeder for novice anglers will deliver true enjoyment from fishing. Accordingly, according to test indicators the feeder rod is divided into classes:
The latter classification of the rod has a test load exceeding 120 g. It is used on rivers with very fast and strong currents. Only experienced lovers of feeder fishing can master this rod.
Choice of pass rings
An important element for fishing is the right choice of rings on the rod. In order to avoid chafing and rapid wear, it is necessary to choose a quality insert material. Mount rings should be on three legs - this makes them more reliable. There are several well-known brands that produce rings of high quality material. These include: Balzer, Fuji, Gold Cermet, SiC. The reputation of these manufacturers is not satisfactory and turns the feeder for beginner anglers into a real pleasure.
To underestimate this element of the feeder rod is simply impossible. Vertex is the main indicator of sensitivity when fishing. The faster it signals the bite, the faster the person will react to the bite. The tips have an installation stiffness that makes the feeder as comfortable as possible for beginners.
The rigging is marked in three colors:
The type of done is selected in accordance with the class of feeder rod described above. This tool has one feature: it often fails, that is, it just breaks. The cause may be tangling of a cord or fishing line, mechanical damage, and so on. Replace the tip is very simple. It is necessary to pick up a new snap-in, according to the class feeder rods.
The next step in feeder fishing becomes the choice of the coil. To approach this issue should be very serious. The correct choice of this element will greatly facilitate the feeder for beginners. Figure, diagram, description and technical characteristics of feeder reels - this is information that you can always find out from sales assistants in stores selling fishing gear.
The tips of experienced feeder fishing amateurs and professionals of this business will also help, and their practical experience will be very useful when choosing the best option. When buying a special reel for feeder fishing, you should pay attention to the following components:
- Gear ratio. It determines the number of revolutions per rotation of the coil handle. The most correct will be the choice of a universal coil with a ratio of up to 5.5.
- Number of bearings. The more of them, the more stable and smooth the course of the coil will be. The number of bearings can reach 15 units.
- The size and material of the spool. The larger it is, the more fishing line you can wrap on it. The universal spool with marking 3000 is considered universal. A device made of graphite is suitable for fishing line. For the cord (braided fishing line), aluminum is an excellent choice.
- Type of friction brake. This element protects the coil from powerful jerks when driving out a river trophy. The front clutch provides fast braking and makes the coil more compact. However, many fishing enthusiasts prefer coils with rear braking. The reason is that such a device is more convenient to adjust.
- Coil price. This question is solved individually and depends on the financial condition of the angler. Naturally, the quality and brand product is much higher than the mass production reels. Although in this segment there are good copies.
Choice of trough
The word feeder comes from the English feeder, that is, the feed. Naturally, without this element of equipment, feeder fishing will not bring any results. Fishermen with experience in their arsenal have several feeders that meet certain fishing conditions.
For standing water, one species is used, for rapid river flow, another. By type feeder feeders are open or closed. Each fiderist uses this feature in different ways. The next important element is weight. This criterion is selected depending on the type and class of the rod, as well as on the size and types of river dwellers.
The cross section of the feeder can be round, triangular or square. Each species has its advantages when fishing, as well as disadvantages. To determine all the nuances of the choice of feeder feeders can only be in a specific place of casting. Therefore, for beginners, the most convenient and best way will be joint fishing with an experienced lover of this type of fishing.
There are no trifles in feeder fishing. Therefore, the issue of choice of gear should be approached with great care. In many ways, the success of the upcoming fishing depends on this. It depends on the quality of the leash and hooks whether the fish will fall into the cage or remain on the river expanses.
Professionals and experienced amateurs have in their arsenal several different leashes. This is done so that during the cliffs you can quickly replace them. Feeder leads are made of mono, the diameter of which is selected taking into account the proposed river trophy.
For small and medium fish, a mono-neck leash with a diameter of 0.12-0.14 mm is suitable. For larger fish, a size of 0.14 mm is required. Feeder leads in a wide range are presented in specialized stores of fishing accessories. However, real fishermen prefer to make such gear with their own hands. In order that the assembled leash does not disappoint you at the most inopportune moment, you should listen to several tips:
- Acquire fishing line in the coil should be no more than 25 meters.
- Preference in choosing a fishing line should be given to the one with a higher breaking load.
- The elasticity of the future leash depends on the softness of the fishing line.
- Experienced feeders prefer fluorocarbon fishing lines that are invisible to fish and protected from abrasion.
Keep the leads should be in special leashes, which you can buy or make your own hands.
Choosing hooks for feeder fishing
Kryuchkov should be a lot, as they say, for all occasions. Their choice is determined at the place of fishing, taking into account the size of the bait, as well as the type and weight of the proposed river trophy. You should also pay attention to the conditions of the reservoir.
The main rule - the more cautious the fish and the weaker the bite, the more delicate the hook must be set. At the same time, the potential catch will dramatically increase, and this must also be taken into account. The most popular manufacturers of fishing hooks are Owner, Gamakatsu, Trabucco.
Catching on feeder. Beginner Lessons
After all the elements are collected, you can go to the place of "hunting". Ahead of the novice feeder waiting for a fascinating and unpredictable world of fishing. How to throw feeder? This question necessarily arises from beginner anglers.
Here are step-by-step instructions on casting techniques:
- Accept a steady body position.
- The rod should be held with both hands - the left one holds the beginning of the feeder, the right one is near the reel.
- The finger of the right hand presses the fishing line to the rod.
- The arc of the coil lumber is retracted with the left hand.
- The feeder starts up behind the back so that the feeder remains 40-50 cm above the ground.
- Casting The right arm straightens smoothly, and the left bends slightly. When the rod is “at two o'clock”, we increase the casting speed so as to reach the peak value of the feeder in its vertical position.
- Let go of the line, giving it a free run.
It is important to note that the feeding place cannot be changed. That is, it follows from this that all casts must be carried out at the same point. After all, there you lay a delicious dinner table for your prey.
No tail, no scales to you!