Clove essential oil is very often used in cosmetics to prepare masks, lotions, scrubs and creams. On its consistency it fluid and easy, it has a buttery, tart and warm aroma, which is perceived by many people very ambiguous. In addition, oil of cloves is rich in eugenol – a powerful antiseptic, which has applications in many areas of perfumes, medicine and cosmetics.
For clove oil has a light, colorless, transparent and liquid consistency. It is extracted from dried petals of the buds or the fruit of the tree. This means a characteristic spicy, sweet, tart and very strong flavor.
Oil cloves applying their found in the following areas:
- Alcoholic beverage production.
- Confectionery industry.
- Canning production.
- eugenol - used in the manufacture of perfume and tobacco products, and is also a major component of many antiseptics and pain medications;
- caryophyllene is used as a component of perfumery and cosmetic products
Clove oil is an indispensable remedy for oily skin type. It removes inflammation, disinfects and slightly dries the skin and removes blackheads and prevents their appearance. Thanks to its tonic properties enables Mature skin to preserve elasticity and youthfulness.
In medicine this product is used for the treatment of many infectious skin diseases – fungus, warts, dermatitis, lupus, purulent rashes. For the treatment used concentrate, processed the affected areas.
- Applied to the skin should be the minimum number of this tool, as it is highly concentrated, and careless use could cause burns.
- You need to be careful when buying it. It happens that clove oil is added various admixtures – copaiba balsam or other vegetable oil. As a result, the product loses its properties.
Clove essential oil: properties and applications
- Actively eliminates bronchitis, the flu, SARS and colds.
- With a small amount of menstruation normalizes the tone of the uterus.
- Helps to relax and relieves stress.
- Accelerates the tightening of wounds.
- He helps with excessive gas production and diarrhea.
- Fights bad breath and tooth decay.
- Stimulates blood circulation and increases the pressure.
- Possesses anesthetizing properties. It especially helps with muscle or toothache.
- In most cases, clove oil used for hair. It accelerates their growth, and also gives them smoothness and Shine. Clove oil has the following properties: it stimulates the flow of blood and beneficial nutrients to the scalp.
- Provides elasticity and freshness to the skin of the body and face. For a short time helps to get rid of acne and pimples.
Treatment with clove oil
To improve efficiency, and prevention of diseases of this tool it is recommended to take twice a day 1 drop orally with honey (1 teaspoon) diluted in water (100 ml). When sickness or disease the dose can be increased up to 4 drops.
Many people know that clove oil has a positive effect on women's health. To enhance fertility, to normalize the ovaries and the menstrual cycle, women need to take a few drops of oil, diluted with a small amount of water.
For wound healing, enhance immunity and improve blood circulation in the bath with warm water should be added 7 drops of this tool. To speed up for wounds and injuries of the skin regeneration process, you can apply the compress to the damaged place. On a slightly moistened bandage is added oil of clove (5 drops).
With this tool you can also get rid of freckles on the skin and pigmentation. Furthermore, it slows down the process of aging and has a skin rejuvenating effect. It allows you to get rid of bags under the eyes. If you brush them that way, they will leave. Also clove oil is used effectively in the treatment of boils, furunculosis, pustular and acne diseases.
Before using clove essential oil in the composition of home-made cosmetics, it should be remembered that its use should be minimum amounts, also you have to avoid pure concentrate a large area of skin. In pure form this product should only be used for spot treatment of problem areas. Also, this product is contraindicated in increased excitability of the CNS and during pregnancy.
In the process of making beauty masks, it is desirable to adhere to the following proportions: 4 drops clove oil should fall to 1 tablespoon of oil basis. Ready mix process only the damaged areas of skin, avoiding contact with eyes. Acne and pimples are lubricated point, process should be exclusively characteristic of tumors.
Very often, tooth pain finds us in those moments when there is no possibility of immediate treatment to the doctor. Clove oil will help in an emergency to deal with a toothache. Enough to drop the tool on a cotton swab and lubricate the gums in the area of the tooth, or hold it between your teeth. Contained in cloves antiseptic components will numb the tooth so the pain will go away. No wonder this drug is used in professional dentistry.
As mentioned above, clove essential oil has antiseptic properties. Numerous studies have proven that it inhibits the growth of fungi and is able to get rid of fungal infections. Contained eugenol in cloves kills the Candida yeast cells and strengthens the immune system of the body.
To get rid of a yeast infection in the intestines or mouth, dilute in warm water clove oil (15-30 drops), the resulting composition is used orally 3 times a day. To enhance the taste, you can add rose essential oil, grapefruit or cinnamon.
From the fungus on the feet and nails will save clove oil in its pure form. It should be applied to damaged areas. With sensitive skin, it is recommended to dilute the oil with coconut or olive oil.
Fighting gnats and mosquitoes
This tool perfectly protects from midges that bother in the summer. Its aroma insects do not like, and contained methyl salicylate, caryophyllene and other volatile components of the repel ticks, mosquitoes and other bloodsuckers. To get rid of ticks and mosquitoes, it is necessary for clothes to drip a few drops of oil. In order that the insects did not disturb sleep and are not bothered by night, mix clove oil (20 drops) with ethanol (50 ml), dry the resulting composition of the cloth and put it near the bed. Also, on a napkin, you can drop the oil in its pure form. The smell tends to fade, so after a while the tool is required to re-apply.
Pregnant women, children and people with sensitive skin should not be applied to the skin of an alcohol tincture and concentrate. In this case, it is desirable to use a mixture of oils: clove (5 drops), tea tree (30 drops) and olive (50 ml).
Insects effectively repels oil, applied to the heat source – campfire, candle, lamp. The heat allows you to effectively carry the volatile substance in the air. If the insect is still up to you and got bitten, treat the affected area with oil of cloves. It disinfects the skin, relieve itching and pain.
The combination with essential oils
- Massage from a headache: chamomile oil (1 drop), clove oil (1 drop), lavender oil (3 drops), almond oil (1 teaspoon).
- To cleanse the face: grape seed oil (30 ml), 1 drop of essential oils of lavender, thyme, cinnamon, cloves and water.
Clove essential oil (reviews confirm this) has a strong specific smell. Its aroma can cause nausea and vomiting. You should be especially careful in the use of this tool. In large quantities it can cause shortness of breath, stomach irritation, liver damage and kidney failure. However, prescribed doses of health problems should arise. During pregnancy and lactation before using consult with a specialist.