Sometimes there is a need and desire to build something on your site: a gazebo, a garage, a barn, a play house for children or something else. But the material for construction, as they say, "bites" at its price ... Maybe someone will like the advice - to construct a construction of trash. After all, you can even build a whole house ... from bottles!
A strange dwelling, about which the whole world is giggling nowadays
The first house of bottles was built in Riolita, which is located in the south of Nevada, Tom Kelly back in 1906. Since there was a problem with wood in this corner of the planet, the owner of the saloon came up with an original way out.
In the case went a container from whiskey, soda and beer, pharmacy bottles. In total, almost 50,000 bottles and bottles were used.
There he lived for 6 years. Then from 1936 to 1969 two other owners lived in it. The house of bottles became even extremely famous in the world. He was filmed in several Hollywood films. Then this place turned into non-residential, the house of bottles, photo of which today became unique, was abandoned.
2 years ago the house was restored. And around even a miniature town was built. True, today no one lives in it - it's a fairly popular museum among tourists.
Reporting on bottled houses - a ticket to world fame
A resident of the Philippines, Jonathan Devante, became famous for making a video about amazing homes built, as he says, from "eco-bricks." Otherwise, such a structure can be called simply - a house made of bottles.
To his film, Jonathan appended a description, where he said that the idea of building buildings from "eco-bricks" is perfectly realized both in the Philippines and in Guatemala. He argues that such facilities have great advantages. It:
- seismic resistance;
- ecological compatibility;
- high thermal insulation;
- a huge service life;
- low cost price.
The fact that using instead of wood or stone unnecessary plastic or glass bottles saves a huge amount of natural material, it is not worth talking about.
Now such projects are being implemented in the countries of Asia, South America and Africa. For example, in Nigeria, the first residential building of 60,000 square meters was recently commissioned. 14 000 plastic bottles were used for its construction.
Now activists are developing a plan for building buildings for schools. Moreover, 14 schools, built from bottles, are already functioning in Guatemala. Teenagers are actively involved in the construction of such buildings. They themselves collect the building material - used eggplants, thereby clearing the terrain from the rubbish. Their assistance is very noticeable in the process of erecting walls.
You and I will build a glass house with our own hands!
In fact, today many people are racking their brains over how to build something original in their own area in an unconventional style. It is for them there is an instruction that describes how to build a house of bottles.
- First they prepare eco-bricks. Glass bottles are washed and thoroughly dried.
- Then the dishes are clogged. It is best to pour the neck with cement mortar.
- The foundation for the house is laid in the usual way.
- The cement layer is poured on the site of the erection of the wall.
- Tightly lay on it bottles so that the neck "looked" in one direction.
- The next layer of cement is poured over the neck of the bottles to the convex part.
- Now the layer of bottles is put in staggered order.
- The algorithm is repeated until the required wall height is reached.
- Each wall is erected separately.
- Angle joints are completely concreted, adding to the solution chopped bottle glass of different colors.
- If desired, you can make an original masonry with an ornament or even lay out the whole picture. To do this, during the erection of walls, bottles of different colors are used. Then you can build a real palace for fairy fairies, and not just a house of bottles. Photos of such wonderful buildings speak for themselves.
From plastic bottles it is economical to build houses and it is pleasant to live in them!
Of course, collecting as many used containers is difficult. After all, for the erection of a single-storey house, it will take from five to eight thousand bottles. But if someone has succeeded, then do not hesitate. Indeed, it's time to build a house of bottles with your own hands!
- Plastic bottles are filled with sand and clogged. Therefore, you should immediately worry about the lids.
- The solution is prepared in the same way as for brickwork. You can, for example, take a recipe using sawdust, clay, earth and cement.
- The algorithm of stacking "eco-brick" from a plastic bottle differs little from the work with glass containers.
- You can make the walls stiff, erecting several columns of bottles. It can be done quite simply, and the effect will be impressive.
How to build columns from plastic bottles
You can use in the construction and empty bottles of plastic, only then talk about the super strength and thermal insulation is no longer necessary.
Some use vertically stacked bottles for masonry walls.
It can be beautiful, especially when the bottles are hollow inside.
But in this case it's worth forgetting about strength.