Everyone knows that cleanliness is considered the key to good health. Moreover, this concept should be considered in a broader sense. Here you can talk not only about the physical, but also about the psychological state. It is from this angle that any job descriptions of cleaners should be considered.
The basis of the profession
Profession cleaners can not be classified as prestigious or highly respected professions. It is mainly women who do not have the necessary education to occupy higher positions. Although there are those who are quite satisfied with their work. In any case, we must remember that cleaning is not as easy as it seems at first glance. This is what almost all job descriptions of cleaners say. The selection of candidates is carried out very strictly.
The future employee is required to have such qualities as responsibility, diligence, cleanliness, politeness and diligence. Without them, it is difficult to imagine the person who can put things in order in the room. In addition, job descriptions cleaners contain a list of the knowledge that should have a candidate for the vacancy. In modern conditions this may include:
- knowledge of the basic rules of hygiene and sanitation,
- the ability to handle a variety of equipment and appliances for cleaning,
- general rules of wet and dry cleaning of premises
- the ability to use disinfectants and detergents,
- knowledge of fire protection and labor protection standards
- knowledge of the internal rules of the company.
Careful selection involves mastering all the skills listed.
What to do?
Recently, the proposal for the replacement of vacancies significantly exceeds demand. Each employer wants to have a decent employee, because the job description cleaners provide a fairly wide range of responsibilities. At her workplace, for example, in an office, she should:
1) Perform dry and wet cleaning of the entire premises (floors, ceilings, walls, doors and windows).
2) Remove local contamination and dust from all open surfaces (tables, cabinets, window sills, furniture, decor items, table and electrical appliances, as well as household and office equipment).
3) Clean and handle the common areas with special facilities. Monitor the presence of soap and towels.
4) Collect the accumulated garbage and take it out of the room.
5) Water the flowers, if any.
6) Clean the carpets and fabric coverings of furniture.
In addition to all the above, the cleaner should, if necessary, carry out one-time instructions from the head of the enterprise. All her work should be aimed at creating normal conditions for the work of other employees.
Some organizations need a cleaner in the evening. Such work is often offered by small companies that can not keep in the state, the whole unit. After all, even the USSR State Committee for Labor Protection in December 1986, by its resolution No. 527 / 30-47, established that for every 500 square meters of the cleaned area there should be one unit of account. Since then, the norms have not changed. However, many companies nowadays occupy more modest premises and cannot fully provide the work of such an employee. Therefore, they invite a person to work only 2-3 hours a day.
In addition, the cleaner in the evening is also convenient because it will not interfere with staff. After all, it is difficult to work with a client when a vacuum cleaner is buzzing nearby or someone is moving furniture to clean the floors. It is much easier for the cleaner to perform her duties in an empty room. You can slowly, gradually perform the work and quietly go home. Very often, such duties take on part-time. It is convenient and beneficial to all.
Recently, a service called “cleaner for an hour” has been very popular. It is provided by both independent workers and employees of specialized cleaning companies.
Interest to such specialists is in different categories of customers. Most often these include:
1) Small companies or institutions where the staff list doesn’t provide a cleaner. However, the order and cleanliness in the room should be maintained by someone.
2) Single people or families with great wealth. If a person does not have a family, and spends all his free time at work, he definitely needs help with the housework. Having the necessary funds, he can get it by signing a contract with a company providing such services. Here he is not only guaranteed quality, but also ensured complete confidentiality and decency.
Some still prefer to invite people on private ads in the hope that the employee will do everything more carefully and at home. Sometimes this calculation is justified.
Responsibility and rights
Like any other worker, a room cleaner has certain rights:
1) She may require that she submit any documents or information necessary for her work.
2) Contact the management with requests and suggestions regarding the duties to be performed.
3) Count on all benefits and social guarantees provided by law or by the employer.
In addition, any cleaner should also bear a certain responsibility:
1) For non-performance of their duties for no apparent reason. This includes poor-quality cleaning or refusal to perform any instructions.
2) For damage (moral or material). Such violations are usually punished in accordance with the law. It can be not only an administrative penalty.
3) For violation of the rules existing in the organization (enterprise).
A cleaner should clearly fulfill her duties so that the employer does not even have a reason to suspect her of bad faith.
At most enterprises, the time of work of cleaners is strictly regulated. It all depends on the specifics and features of the work of this company.
For example, in organizing the most important meetings and the main stream of clients occur in the first half of the day, therefore it is better to plan cleaning for the evening. Workers will work calmly and finding a person next to them with a mop in their hands will not embarrass them, even if they have to temporarily get up from the table to give an opportunity to restore order. But this is not always the case. Sometimes employees are so busy that you have to use lunch hours or technical breaks for cleaning. In such conditions, a limited time work must be thought out in advance. Sometimes it is very difficult to do. But each job has its own difficulties and you need to be able to cope with them. If the cleaner will keep herself waiting, this can interfere with the work process and adversely affect the overall performance.