Preparation of final qualifying work does not end with the writing of the diploma. The student is to familiarize the commission with his work. A report on the defense of a diploma, a sample of which is usually given at an educational institution, is not an empty formality. The content and quality of the speech delivered to the student will also affect the assessment of the main student project.
What is the essence of the report?
The report is a speech prepared for the defense of a diploma in the amount of 3-4 sheets of printed text (without handouts and presentations). In it, the student summarizes the content of the qualification work and the main findings of the study. Free speech sounds more advantageous than the one read from the leaflet. If the presentation is clearly organized, then the student can easily and clearly state the commission of the work without problems. Therefore, when preparing it makes sense to use the recommendations for writing a diploma speech. As a rule, the report is based on a foundation of three elements:
- introductory speech and statement of the problem;
- results of the conducted research;
- conclusion and recommendations.
Report on the protection of the diploma. Sample compilation
Before preparing a speech, you must calmly and thoughtfully re-read all the work again, noting significant thoughts right in the text. We do not pay attention to their volume and connectivity, we simply emphasize the most important thing. Then we connect the selected parts in one document and reread the text, which turned out as a result. It is important to be able to abstract from the thesis work and analyze whether the essence of the speech is understandable, whether additions are required. In order for the report to turn out to be logical, it is necessary to complete the sentences-bundles, providing smooth transitions from one thought to another.
Usually speech is formed in accordance with the methodical recommendations. A sample of writing a report for the protection of a diploma can be found in the training part. It is important that the speech is focused on a specific audience. For example, we take into account the level of education. If the report is to be presented to professors and doctors of sciences, it is not advisable to make explanations that are already known to listeners, it is better to choose new information. In a situation where the research involves a narrow topic and the commission includes teachers who are not specialized in it, it is necessary to simplify difficult places for the audience or add comments. When the speech is ready, it must be re-read aloud. If you falter on some fragments, they should be shortened and simplified. Long sentences, in the midst of which breath is lost, we break into short phrases.
Purpose and duration of the speech
The main purpose of the report is not just the utterance of the prepared speech, but the manifestation of the ability to create and disclose the research "picture" on the basis of the work done. With the help of the speech, the student should show the significance and value of the research. For example, a report on the protection of a diploma, a model for energy should contain an understanding of the problem and a reflection of its own contribution to the solution of the tasks.
Thus, the goal of the speech is accessible and sufficiently deep revealing the topic, to tell in an accessible form: what has been studied, for the sake of achieving what goals, what means have been used, what conclusions have been obtained. From the fragments selected from the qualification work, we leave only those that meet this goal. It is recommended to pay more attention to the research, but from the theoretical section, take only what was used in the practical part. On average, the regulation for the speech is given from 7 to 10 minutes, but it is desirable to clarify the length of the report from the head. The speech should be shortened so that you can read it slowly and slowly.
Sections of the report
Report on the protection of the diploma, the sample of the ASG can have any structure depending on the topic. Sections can be modified and specified depending on the features of the study, the findings and presented visual materials.
Most often, the conclusions include the conclusions from the first chapter (review of scientific papers on the topic of the study), a brief description of the contents of the practical chapters (the student's own scientific research on the problem). It is important to focus on the main provisions of each chapter. In detail, but without going beyond the limits of the regulations, dwell on conclusions. The structure of the performance should be carefully worked out. One option is to divide the speech into three sections.
- The first section is short, introductory, it is written on the basis of introduction and 1 chapter, in it it is necessary to designate a problem.
- The second section contains the results and results of the work done. It is the largest in volume and should be sufficiently illustrated in slides and in handouts. Data for the section is compiled from chapters 2 and 3.
- The third concluding section gives conclusions and recommendations, this is the main point in the entire speech. Information for the section is found in chapter 4 or in the conclusion. Proposals should not simply be listed, but try to persuade listeners to their point of view, convincing in the importance of recommendations for the company itself.
The protection of the diploma is an official measure, therefore the recommended language is used in preparation. The introduction traditionally begins with a greeting: "Dear chairman and members of the SAC, fellow students and guests, your attention is invited to the diploma project (name) on the topic. "It is recommended to be presented if the speaker's name is not named. The topic of qualifying work should be fully announced, according to official documents. A greeting does not need to be spelled out in the report, but it is desirable, since with a strong excitement a detailed speech will be a good helper. In the introductory part of the report, several introductory points should be presented. Information can be found in the introduction to the thesis.
- First, we need to identify the reasons for choosing a topic, what is its relevance, to note the novelty of the research. This point of the speech is recommended to spend no more than a minute.
- Secondly, to name the object, the subject of research, to describe the hypothesis on which the thesis work is built.
- Third, indicate the methods used in the study, the goals set and achieved, the tasks. A report on the defense of a diploma, a model on jurisprudence should usually fit within the established limit, so the goal and tasks should be better presented in slides.
- The structure of the work should be briefly described in its content. For example, the diploma project includes an introduction, three chapters, a conclusion and a list of references.
- Brief description of the bibliographic sources used.
Scope of report
When composing a speech, one should not forget that the volume of the speech is limited. For example, when preparing a report on the protection of a diploma, a sample of management, we focus this way: 1 page of printed text requires about two minutes of speech, so a five-minute report should fit into 2.5 pages. Alternatively, you can prepare a speech together with illustrative materials, and then divide it into parts: the report itself without diagrams, tables and handouts. A report on the protection of a diploma, a sample of which must be studied, is drawn up from a third or second person: the following proposals were developed during the study.
"Skeleton", or the basis of the report, are illustrations in the form of handouts. To this end, you need to prepare beautiful slides and select informative drawings, tables. The illustrations presented in the handout and in the presentation may coincide. The information presented in the demonstration material can raise a number of questions among the members of the commission, therefore it is important to re-read the tables, diagrams and conclusions to them when preparing the report. A report on the defense of a diploma, a sample on the economy should be accompanied by computer presentations - this will add to the presentation of the visibility. Drawings, diagrams, etc. can not be overloaded with data. The presentation should be bright and clear with large numbers and letters. For demonstration material, a title page and a through numbering for all tables and figures included in it are required.
What determines the success of protection?
The success of the speech by 50% is determined by whether the graduate student is able to correctly present the main points of the study to the commissions and guests, using the handouts and presentations fully. It is important not to go beyond the limits of the regulations, otherwise the commission can interrupt and stop the speaker. 7-15 minutes is the time given for the report on the defense of the diploma. Speech, a sample of which the student is studying during preparation, should be clearly time-allocated. Reading the report at home during training, use the clock and keep track of time so that you can squeeze if necessary.
Recommendations for preparation for the performance
- Train not only in front of friends, but also in front of a mirror. This will allow you to look at yourself from the outside.
- On the night before the defense, "cram" the report is not recommended, even if you did not have time to prepare. A full-fledged dream will make you feel more confident before the commission.
- Try a mental training: imagine yourself calmly reading out the report in the hall in front of the audience.
- Together with your supervisor make a list of possible questions.
- Do not be afraid to express your point of view when answering the questions of the commission.
How to finish the performance?
Concluding the speech, it is necessary to give generalized conclusions on the entire diploma project. This part of the report is written on the basis of the conclusion.
- It is necessary to answer the question whether the original hypothesis is proven.
- What is the practical benefit of the study? A report on the protection of a diploma, a model for construction, as a rule, reveals these issues according to the conclusions of the third chapter.
At the end, you can announce the end of the performance, thanking the members of the SAC. For example: "Thank you for your attention. I am ready to answer your questions. " The report on the defense of the diploma (sample) should be prepared in advance and edited by the scientific adviser.
A competent, confident, concise and at the same time informative speech will not leave the audience indifferent. Expressing your own thoughts, take your time. Provide material on the logical plan. It is important not to forget about your posture, correct gestures and competent speech. This can only be achieved through training.