What does a girl look like wearing a chiffon dress on the floor? Gentle, airy, feminine. It is in this outfit that the dream of all men must be clothed. Rare beauty fabric serves as an inspiration for an intriguing image, which can only be characterized by a poetic comparison: thin fabric is like a delicate web, shimmering in the sun, where the sleeve resembles the fragile butterfly wing, and the train looks like the scent of the best perfume in the world.
Secrets of chiffon, or the price of flawless lightness
Long chiffon dresses to the floor will never lose their popularity. Whatever the caprice of the fashion world, fans of this outfit will always find a way to it. What's the secret? In the fabric! Due to its lightness, it is recognized as the most popular in the summer season. Even chiffon dress with a sleeve on the floor will not give you any inconvenience and hassle, on the contrary, they will give you romance and femininity.
Despite the fact that in French chiffon means a rag, this did not prevent him from becoming a popular fabric for the creation of evening dresses. There are 3 types of chiffon:
Advantages and disadvantages
- a dress made of cotton chiffon allows the body to breathe;
- despite the fineness, the fabric is very durable (this is the main advantage);
- thanks to the light drape, it allows you to hide the flaws of the female figure;
- harmonizes with other materials;
- a chiffon blouse matched to the skirt of dense fabric will be appropriate even in winter;
- it dries quickly.
Where there are pros, there are always disadvantages:
- it is desirable to wash only by hand;
- when sewing tends to crumble;
- with improper care, it loses its shape, sometimes its color;
- if it is bad to dry the fabric, the occurrence of mold is guaranteed.
Brides choose chiffon
Any image made from this fabric is the best solution for the sunny season. Gentle, translucent and so mysterious - it will never go out of fashion, as it looks very elegant and elegant. Therefore, if you plan to spend your best day in life in the summer, then the wedding chiffon dress to the floor is exactly what you need!
This outfit will suit any bride. Gently enveloping the figure and falling down like a waterfall, the airy chiffon can hide extra inches. A wedding look made from this fabric will never be heavy and overloaded, due to its lightness.
Empire style More often in this style there are dresses in ivory or dazzling white. A silhouette with a high waist will emphasize the chest and make the girl slimmer. Especially the outfit is relevant for brides in position. Even in the last term of pregnancy, such a dress will sit on a woman freely and beautifully. Perfectly complement the wedding image sandals, Greek hairstyle with fresh flowers and delicate tiara.
A short chiffon dress is the perfect solution for those lucky enough to hold a wedding ceremony on the beach. There will be no worries about the hem wetted by the sea waves, and thanks to the texture of the fabric you will not feel the heat even on the hottest summer day. The color scheme for this dress can be completely different. Fashionable shades of this season: pale pink, blue, cream. Also chiffon will be in perfect harmony with satin. The decor can serve as sequins, small pearls, rhinestones or beads.
Lightness and romance - the choice of designers
Before you start shopping, every woman of fashion is studying the fashion trends of the season. Two years ago, chiffon was declared an all-season fabric, and this inspired designers to create not only spring-summer, but also autumn-winter collections.
John Galliano is probably the only designer who was not afraid of experiments and created the greatest number of dresses from this light and beautiful fabric. Models differ in saturated shades, and also a large number of folds and cuts.
The collection, presented in 2013 by the Valentino Fashion House, decorated the chiffon dress to the floor with secular collars and cuffs. This emphasis gave the models innocence and purity.
Christian Dior presented the winter collection in the form of dark chiffon dresses in the Greek style. The designer made an emphasis on pleating, which has been considered relevant for several seasons.
You can even create a chiffon dress in the floor with your own hands. To begin, we take our measurements, choose a fabric and start creating.
- We take the pattern of the upper part of the dress (bodice) and transfer it to the material. It is necessary to tailor 2 parts (back and front).
- To sew a skirt, take a rectangular fabric, where the width is the volume of the hips, multiplied by 3. If you want a more luxurious bottom - multiply by 3.5.
- Since chiffon is transparent, do not forget to sew the lining. For example, from silk or crepe de chine.
- Did you have blunt scissors on hand? Do not worry, you can tear the chiffon with your hands, while the line will be perfectly smooth. To prevent the edges from shedding, handle them with a sewing machine.
- We start sewing. Sew fabric on seamy side.
- In order that the skirt sat perfectly on the hips, use a wide elastic band. Measure out the required length + 3 cm (allowance).
- The width of the belt is equal to the size of the elastic band + 5 mm.
- Insert the elastic in the belt, sew the ends. Skirt is ready!
- It remains to combine the bodice and the bottom of the dress.
By the way, this outfit can be worn separately.
As you can see, it is quite possible to sew a chiffon dress to the floor at home, as this does not require much effort. And working with such a fabric is a pleasure.
We select the right accessories
A chiffon dress to the floor will perfectly complement the silver bracelets, it is important that they are thin. Wooden ethnic accessories will also harmoniously blend into the image.
As for bags, preference should be given to small-sized textile clutches or ethnic bags on a thin strap.
For an evening look, you need to wear high-heeled shoes, and sandals or sandals are suitable for day wear.
Dress chiffon to the floor will allow any girl to look slimmer and feminine. The light texture of the fabric will make of it an airy and sophisticated creation. Therefore, do not be afraid to wear a chiffon maxi dress - it will add romance to our lives and create a light wonderful mood!