In their work, any company has to deal with a mass of documents and papers. Their precise classification is necessary to organize, control, as well as for effective decision-making. After all, if the accounting or personnel Department just made up the documents without assigning a number and date, to understand the orders and reports would be simply impossible. And in order to quickly find files of a particular case, we need a single reference, which is range of. Item is composed in a certain way a list of all of the numbered cases.
The purpose of the nomenclature in the enterprise
Without a clear systematization in the archives would create chaos. Since the nomenclature is an important component of the work of any enterprise, it is important to determine its value.
- First appears the ability to quickly find the necessary things using its index number or filing date. All information about where is this or that paper, can be found in the directory where all grouped by a particular attribute.
- The nomenclature is used to assign a specific license plate to a document, according to its attribute. For example, all orders for dismissal may begin with the letters PU, and reports to the tax office - ON.
- Nomenclature is the main criterion when selecting documents that need to be archived. Also, information of the nomenclature can be used to destroy the documentation, if it has expired.
- Without this systematization it would be impossible to store temporary files. They would have to constantly describe what takes a lot of time.
- Indispensable in archives.
Types of nomenclature
The nomenclature of cases can be presented in three forms: typical, exemplary and individual.
Typical use of all the same type of enterprise, for example, from one industry. However, it does not apply to all these enterprises and is a regulatory document.
Approximate is a recommendation for organizations engaged in single-industry activities.
These two types are developed by state records management services and are mandatory for use. Most often it concerns headings, headings of documents. Only rarely can they make some adjustments to the specifics of the enterprise.
The individual nomenclature of affairs is developed exclusively within the organization. It is used only for internal purpose documentation.
Drawing up a classification list
If the newly-formed enterprise does not have an institution's nomenclature, then it is recommended to start building the book and the classification list as soon as possible. This can be done in two main ways: to entrust the implementation of personnel service or an outside organization specializing in record keeping.
In the first case, a significant advantage is that you can design a range exclusively for the company, given the specificity of production and individual characteristics. But the big disadvantage is that not all personnel service specialists know how to organize this work. In the process you can make a lot of mistakes that will lead to the loss of important documents.
And the second option is to invite professional clerks and pay them a fee for drawing up a nomenclature. Minus - you have to spend money. Plus - the work will be done efficiently and quickly.
Stages of formation
In the process of building a list of documents, it is necessary to go through several main stages, without which the nomenclature of the organization will not be carried out qualitatively and cannot be used.
1. At the first stage, the nomenclature is signed by the employee responsible for the archive.
2. Next, the head of the record keeping service should familiarize himself with the prepared materials and, if everything complies with the norms, sign his name.
3. Then the expert commission of the enterprise is going to agree on the nomenclature. Following the meeting, a protocol is drawn up.
4. After that, the finished nomenclature is sent for review by the expert-verification commission of the relevant archive organization. This should be done once every 5 years (this stage does not apply to organizations that do not transfer to the state for storage).
5. And the final touch - the signature of the head of the organization on the neck of approval.
After successful completion of all five points, the nomenclature is ready for use.
An example of drawing up the nomenclature
Since a nomenclature is a list of documents compiled in a certain way, it has a typical structure. Let us consider an example of how the classification should look like in paper or electronic format: