Men's losers were first introduced in 1930, and already from the 50's became one of the classic types of footwear for the strong half of humanity. They constantly change and acquire new elements, but invariably occupy their honorable place in the wardrobe. The combination of convenience and rigor of form is the most weighty advantage that men's losers can boast of. With what to wear such shoes? What is its peculiarity and what are the types of loffers? Read on, and you will find detailed answers to these questions.
What shoes are called "loffers"?
Previously, these were only men's shoes, but later a female version appeared. In any case, the losers meet the following requirements:
- they do not have laces;
- the ankle remains open;
- heel is separated from the rest of the sole and most often low;
- the upper part looks like a moccasin.
But from the latter they differ just by the presence of a heel, the lack of embroidery, beads and national ornaments. In addition, these kinds of shoes appeared independently from each other on different continents.
Types of loffers
During its existence, there were different versions of these shoes:
- Venetian - this is the earliest version, a simple form and with a minimum finish. Men's losers first became known in 1930, they repeated the kind of comfortable and practical footwear of Norwegian shepherds. And in the UK they were called so because of the similarity in appearance with the barge - the Venetian narrow oblong boat.
- Penny-loffers are shoes that have become classics. Its main feature is a strip of leather on top of a shoe with a narrow elongated hole into which you can put a small coin. They say that the beginning of this fashion was put by American students, and according to another version - it was an ideal place for storing small things just in case.
- Men's losers with tassels are another very popular option. The history of its origin is unclear. Perhaps this model appeared after the famous American actor Paul Lucas wore Oxford with tassels, and the shoe manufacturer Alden Shoe Company was asked to do something similar. The new design has got accustomed and in 1950 began to be issued massively.
- Men's losers with a buckle gave us the fashion house Gucci. So sometimes they are called "lofts-gucci". While in America this footwear became more and more popular, in Europe it was considered too simple. But the father of the brand, Guccio Gucci, appreciated the potential of loffers and, during his visit to New York, slightly modified their shape and decorated with a buckle. They looked formal enough to fit in with the costume and in the '70s almost became part of the uniform of the business people on Wall Street. Even John Kennedy wore Gucci losers. Together with the release of these shoes, the popularity of Gucci began to grow, which before that specialized in high-quality saddles and suitcases.
Lofers are usually made of two materials: leather or suede. Since they often assume wearing without socks, then any other material will not last long enough to combine heat and moisture, and it will be inconvenient for legs.
The first option looks stricter, and these shoes are worn longer. Of course, they require careful care: timely cleaning, polishing, etc.
Suede lolfer are considered to be shoes only for the warm season. You do not want to spoil them during wet inclement weather. Their textured surface looks less formal and perfectly combined with the spring-summer fashion.
With socks or without?
The answer to this question depends on the season. In the cold season it is perfectly permissible to put on socks, but they should be combined in color with trousers and be in perfect condition. Of course, mods can try contrasting combinations, but it is important to observe the fine line between style and bad taste.
And in the summer months you will have to give up socks. What if you are frightened by this prospect? Look for shortened men's socks or get in the habit of powdering your feet with talcum before going out. In general, if you decide to wear such shoes, you need to carefully monitor the condition of your feet.
With what to wear lofers?
With this type of shoes, you have a wide choice.
LOFERS can be worn with costumes, but they must be strictly shaped and with a minimum of decorative elements. It is very important that the pant leg be of the correct length, namely it ends at the level of the front edge of the shoes. So the silhouette will be clear and neat.
To a classical suit the black models from polished to shine of a skin are better will approach.
And lovers of smart smart phones can combine jeans with a jacket and suede loafers.
Do you want to look strictly and at the same time comfortable even in the summer heat? Here is a beautiful summer set: a light shirt, soft beige trousers, a braided brown belt and suede losers with tassels. But do not forget: no peeping socks.
Not only in the office will be appropriate male losers. With what to wear to their devotees of a laid-back street style? For example, with narrow or shortened trousers that will demonstrate your shoes in all its glory.
Jeans, T-shirt and men's losers are a versatile casual outfit.With a shirt with a short sleeve or bright colors, they look no worse.
In the hot season with losers without socks, shorts of classic cut are combined.
Today in many shops you will find male lofts. Moscow, St. Petersburg and other cities of Russia and the CIS provide an opportunity for lovers of comfortable and stylish shoes to discover these shoes. They are all: politicians, stars, managers. And which pair will you choose?