Vomiting and stomach pain are a sure sign of poisoning. There is such an unpleasant phenomenon due to the use of spoiled or poor-quality products, or substances unsuitable for adoption in food. Than it is possible to poison? The answer to this question should be known to every person, because to prevent a dangerous situation is much easier than in the future to try to improve health and eliminate its consequences.
General list of hazardous substances
So, let's make a general list of what can be poisoned in everyday conditions. Most often, the following categories are dangerous for human health:
- products with expired shelf life;
- products stored in violation of the necessary conditions;
- poisonous emissions of plants, fungi or living organisms;
- household chemicals;
- means used for construction and finishing work, other household needs;
- fertilizers and chemical compounds intended for the care of plants;
- alcohol and tobacco.
It must be remembered that poisoning can occur not only through the gastrointestinal tract, but also through the inhalation of vapors of a poisonous substance.
Which of the following is the most dangerous, what can be quickly poisoned? First and foremost, it all depends on the dose, but it is commonly believed that household and industrial poisons are much more active than bacteria stored in food.
About drug poisoning
What medicines can be poisoned? Recently, this issue also acquires significant relevance for all categories of citizens, from children and the elderly, ending with adults, sane people. There are a lot of reasons for this, someone is poisoned casually, and someone intelligently appoints the wrong treatment for himself, without consulting a doctor. What drugs can not only be useful, but also dangerous? The list should include the following items:
- Anesthetics (often taken in large quantities, which leads to unpleasant consequences). In addition, many people drink several different names of tablets at once, forgetting that such a mixture can be dangerous and strictly contraindicated.
- Aspirin (even 5 tablets of this harmless remedy can provoke serious liver damage, but the increase in this dose is twice and is at all capable of provoking a lethal outcome).
- Psychotropic drugs (extremely dangerous in case of non-compliance with the rules of admission, as well as individual dosage prescribed by a specialist).
- Soothing means based on herbs and any other homeopathy (a similar category of drugs easily leads to serious enough poisoning). Most people sincerely assume that such medications are absolutely safe, they can be consumed in any quantity and for as long as they want, however this is not at all the case. Excessive consumption of herbs and homeopathy for a long time leads to a cumulative effect, which eventually provokes human poisoning.
In addition, answering the question of what can be poisoned from medicines, it should be noted iodine solution, vitamins, vasoconstrictor drops, hormone-based drugs. Ordinary and affordable medicines can become dangerous if you do not comply with the conditions of their storage and use.
Features of poisoning
Answering the question, what can be poisoned, it is recommended to pay attention to the fact that the same substances can be perceived by the organism of each particular person in different ways. With a general weakening, even the smallest dose of a dangerous drug can be lethal, strong people are also able to withstand a more significant concentration of poisonous products. In the zone of greatest risk - women, children, the elderly, pregnant. In this case, we should not forget that to a certain type of medicine, even the strongest men are more sensitive than fragile women.
What is the danger for pregnant women?
Special attention should be paid to the health of future mothers. Advising women about what can be poisoned during pregnancy, many experts recommend not only pay attention to the shelf life and storage conditions of products, but also carefully adjust the diet, removing the most potentially dangerous foods from it. These include seafood, canned food and pâtés, eggs, sour-milk products, sweets with cream. It is strongly recommended to abandon mushrooms and watermelons, especially careful when purchasing meat and fish, fruits and berries, soft cheeses.
It should be remembered that the possible poisoning adversely affects not only the health of the mother, but also the fetus in her womb. The disease of this kind deprives the unborn child of the nutrients necessary for its normal life and development. Dehydration, spasms and other unpleasant effects of poisoning can lead to miscarriage or premature birth, the formation of pathologies in the baby.
If the poison is received, first aid should be given immediately. To suggest that poisoning has occurred, the following symptoms will help:
- a sharp rise or fall in temperature;
- burns at the site of penetration of the substance into the body;
- bad breath;
- violation of respiratory functions and swallowing reflex.
First Aid Algorithm
Knowing what products can be poisoned, any person can correctly organize the sequence of actions to neutralize hazardous substances. The algorithm should be something like this:
- an ambulance call;
- the withdrawal of poison through abundant drinking and subsequent vomiting (drink as much water as possible with a small amount of soda);
- neutralize the residues of hazardous substances by means of activated carbon or another absorbent;
- we provide peace and recovery.
In case of toxic poisons, urgent gastric lavage is necessary in a medical institution.