There is a category of people who are said to be a person who is not capable of love. At a minimum, such individuals are considered very strange, because they are kept away from society and do not communicate with anyone. In psychology for this behavior there is a definition - misanthropy.
Man in essence is an individual striving for collectivism. Each person has a circle of communication, which can be varied in number and value. However, an individual who does not show interest, and sometimes is aggressive towards society and each person separately, is called a misanthrope.
Not always the presence of such traits of character is caused by dislike for people. Sometimes this may be due to the inability to communicate with others.
What's the matter?
A person who does not love people (a misanthrope) causes sharply negative emotions and associations in others. As a rule, during the survey he is characterized as an extremely unpleasant person. He is perceived as an evil person whose task is to initiate conflicts with other people.
Misanthropy is aversion and a feeling of hatred towards all of humanity, the established rules of society, its moral and behavioral foundations.
This concept quite categorically describes a personality with negative traits inherent in it. And a person who does not love people appears before us in the form of a monster. However, in reality, the degree of its manifestation may be different.
A person who does not love people, as a rule, experiences negative emotions to the whole human society, which may not affect its individual members. This is often expressed in contempt for established dogmas and stereotypes of behavior, weaknesses and the herd instinct propagated in society.
Such a person does not seek to acquire close relationships with other people. He usually has his own social circle, which is limited to several individuals who do not cause him negative feelings.
Sociopath, social phobia or misanthrope?
Misanthropy is often confused with sociopathy and social phobia.
It is necessary to clearly understand that a social phobia is afraid of being in the company of other people or it is driven by fear and inability to communicate.
A sociopath is an aggressive-minded person who is completely negative about social norms of behavior.
Misanthrope is not afraid of communication and does not attack the people around them. He may resent, grumble and refuse to communicate, but does not show signs of other behavior.
Illness is not to love people
Misanthropy can be one of the traits that have been established in childhood for some valid reasons, as well as being acquired in the process of life experience. A person loves no one, as a rule, when he has his own weighty reasons for this. Most often this is due to unsuccessful one-time or multiple communications with various unpleasant or aggressive individuals.
Also, this behavior is often associated with the denial of acts of people, for example:
- The extermination of rare animals.
- Destruction and pollution of the surrounding nature.
- Political wars.
- Inadequate or cheeky behavior in public places.
Why do people not like?
The development of misanthropy can contribute to a number of causes and problems that inevitably arise in the life of every person:
- Too much communication leads to its oversupply and subsequently accumulation of both positive and negative experiences. A person who is distinguished by low stress tolerance, can emotionally not withstand such loads. An example is the work related to the constant communication and the solution of a number of problems placed on his shoulders.
- The state of depression caused by unpleasant communication or non-acceptance of a person in society.
- Problems of self-esteem.
- Excessive sensitivity, exaggerated thirst for the triumph of justice against the background of subtle mental organization can lead to frustration in people and society.
- A sense of pride, blinding self-awareness.
- The feeling of loneliness when a person is not loved.
How to fix?
It is important to understand that misanthropy is not a disease, but a specific trait of a person’s character. It can not be innate and is acquired only in accordance with the experience gained from participating in various vital squabbles. A person who does not love people cannot fundamentally change himself, however, he is able to make efforts in order to abstract himself from his negative and learn to live in society.
To this end, you can conduct these types of therapy:
- Return to childhood, when all the insults are petty, sincere joy, and the world is bright and trouble-free. It helps to abstract from life problems and to feel loved.
- Animals, as part of psychotherapy, are excellent proof that emotions and love can be gratuitous and genuine. Communication with them is positive and distracts from negative emotions.
- Loneliness as a treatment for misanthropy, on the one hand, contradicts the basic concept. However, the lack of time when a person is left alone with himself, inevitably leads to psychological breakdowns and depressive states.
- A misanthrope who does not refuse to communicate with people, but does not want him in real life, can easily solve such a problem with the help of modern means of communication, such as the Internet.
- Replacing aggressive feelings with positive ones, such as sympathy or humor. When thoughts are filled with negative opinions about a particular person, they can be easily replaced with positive emotions without changing the meaning. For example, the idea that a person standing in front of you is absolutely useless can be replaced: “Unhappy, he doesn’t even suspect how helpless and stupid he is”.
No need to strive to please everyone. This is one of the extremes of one person. It is necessary to understand and accept the fact that it is impossible to be loved by everyone, so you shouldn’t rest and cross over yourself, suffering rudeness or mockery of an unpleasant person. Not everyone is like that. Be sure to find one, communication with someone will be easy and trusting.