The legendary lip balm Carmex is produced by a company founded in 1973 by Carma Laboratories. Since then, the American brand is considered the sales leader in 80 countries. Despite the fact that the company is engaged in the production of skin care products, it is balms that are very popular. A great demand for the product arose due to the effective composition, which includes components such as cocoa seed oil, menthol, lanolin, camphor and others. According to buyers' reviews, Carmex nourishes dry skin of the lips, retains moisture and heals cracks.
Back in history: how did the first lip balm from "Carmex"
The world famous products of the American brand were made not in laboratory conditions, but at home on a conventional plate. The first 2 decades of cosmetic preparations were prepared by hand and bottled in cans with a bright yellow lid. Only then did the production expand and spill over into production scale.
The birthplace of the brand is the state of Wisconsin, and the current head of the company is Paul Voelbing - the son of the founder of the brand Alfred Voelbing.
Initially, lip balms from the American brand "Carmex" were produced in small tin cans. Implementation in them continues to this day, although during the existence of the company were implemented and other forms: tubes and sticks.
What is "Carmex" better than others?
3 reasons why you should buy an American lip balm Carmex:
- The remedy is released in different forms. For easy carrying in a clutch or bag in the form of a sticker, in a tube and in a small round package.
- Variety is present not only in the form of release, but also in aromatic additives.
- It is universal. Suitable for both women and men. However, the strong sex is better to use Carmex lip balm "Classic".
Are there any shortcomings
According to reviews, the cosmetic product has the only drawback: high cost. However, it should be noted that Carmex (lip balm), the price does not greatly exceed the cost of similar products of domestic production. In addition, it is fully justified, since the composition includes quality ingredients, and the product itself effectively copes with its duty.
Carmex Lip Balm
The composition includes the following list of natural components:
- Aloe extract - the juice of this plant promotes rapid healing of the lips. And the presence of this component in the balm makes them softer and more tender.
- Avocado oil is an excellent remedy for the treatment of the lips. Oil moisturizes and protects them from weathering, dryness and cracks.
- Beeswax - promotes the healing of small wounds and just like the extract of aloe, makes them tender, matte and soft.
- Candelilla wax - thanks to the presence of this ingredient during the application of balm on the lips a thin film is formed, which protects against winds and other negative manifestations of nature.
- Caprylic triglyceride - made from coconut oil. Compared to others, does not leave a sense of fat. In balm plays the role of natural skin softener.
- Oil of cocoa seeds - helps to avoid frostbite and airing of the lips. Also speeds up the recovery of damaged cells.
- Coconut oil - moisturizes, nourishes and heals microcracks.
- Cranberry seed oil (cold pressed) - the ingredient is widely used in the production of balsams, lipsticks and lip glosses. The main property: the recovery of weather-beaten skin.
- Colloid oatmeal - heals damaged areas of the lips. Soothing during irritation and itching. The presence of starch and beta-gluten provides a moisture retention function.
- Meadowfoam seed oil is produced from a plant that grows in the west of the USA. The ingredient is easily absorbed even in dry skin, and also soothes it during irritation.
- menthol - the main reason for a slight tingling during the application of lip balms from "Carmex". Menthol is obtained from natural peppermint oil. Possessing analgesic properties, menthol soothes dry and damaged lips, and also blocks inflammatory processes.
- Mineral oil - is added in order to heal the skin of cracked lips, making them smooth and smooth.
- Safflower oil - is produced from the seeds of the safflower plant. In its composition has omega-6 and many other nutrients, making it a powerful ingredient, giving lips elasticity by smoothing and moisturizing the skin.
- Shea butter - rich in fatty acids, helping to maintain the softness of the lips. Also the ingredient protects from sunlight and soothes the skin.
- Vitamin E - all women know about the benefits of this component. Being an antioxidant neutralizing free radicals, the ingredient prevents dryness and cracking of the skin. Also, vitamin E has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties.
Ingredients that provide comfort
Benzocaine is an anesthetic used to relieve pain and reduce itching during herpes.
Camphor is a compound having many common properties with menthol. The ingredient has a cooling effect that reduces pain, reduces itching and burning.
Dimethicone - in lip balms is added in small amounts and with low concentration. The component keeps the natural moisture in the lips, thereby preventing the appearance of dryness.
Phenol - is known for the ability to reduce the itching that occurs during crackling of the lips.
Salicylic acid - in small but effective amounts, the ingredient gently removes dead cells, peeling, but without affecting the new layer. Salicylic acid by its action helps camphor and menthol to absorb more quickly and start their work.
Ingredients for protection and moisturizing
Allontoin - acts as a plasticizer, helping to reduce dryness and peeling. Like many ingredients present in lip balms from Carmex, allontoin reduces itching, helping the dead cells to peel off and allowing the skin to become smooth and soft.
Cetyl ether - the ingredient is added to produce a sliding texture, while not making the product sticky.
Lanolin. Smalets, collected from sheep's wool. Promotes softening of dead cells. However, a violation of the amount of permissible norm can cause an allergic reaction.
Oxibenzone - a safe ingredient that protects the lips from the negative effects of sunlight. It is enough to apply balm on the lips 15 minutes before the release, and oxybenzone activates its protective function.
Petrolatum. The frequency of use of this ingredient in many cosmetic products is due to incredible cheapness. But, despite the budget, the component, although temporarily, but protects the open or damaged parts of the skin of the lips, forming a thin protective film, slows the evaporation of moisture.
The legendary lip balm Carmex Classic, thanks to the presence of menthol and camphor, reminiscent of the reminiscent reminiscent of the familiar balm "Golden Star". By the way, the presence of the last ingredient of many people is alarming. The consistency of dense balsam with a light honey hue.
During application there is a feeling of thick petrolatum. However, according to buyers, this is the main advantage. Due to the dense film formed on the lips, the remedy is kept for 12 hours.
The best-selling product from the American brand Carmex. Lip balm, a tip about which you need to start with its stunning sweet flavor, is popular with buyers around the world. In addition to a pleasant smell, the cosmetic instantly heals the weather-beaten lips, blocks the onset of inflammatory processes (herpes) and quickly heals small cracks.
Also, Carmex lip balm "Cherry" thanks to the quality of the ingredients intensively nourishes, moisturizes and fully takes care of the skin, and a gentle texture contributes to an easy and pleasant application.
Many make-up artists use balm as a base for lipstick, since the cosmetic product visually enlarges the lips.
Another no less popular fragrance from Carmex - lip balm "Strawberry". Product Reviews, as well as other products of this brand, are exceptionally positive. Among the advantages are the following properties:
- the presence of a moisturizing and nutritional formula;
- included in the product natural herbal and fruit extracts;
- presence of a sunscreen;
- instant moisturizing of dry skin of lips;
- instant recovery and healing of cracks;
- bright and slightly sweet strawberry flavor.
Carmex lip balm: where to buy and the cost
You can buy products of the American brand through online stores, on the official website or in the cosmetic departments selling foreign-made goods.
The cost directly depends on the shape of the package and the flavor. The cheapest option is "Classic" lip balm. Its cost reaches 290 rubles. Another product from Carmex - a lip balm with a cherry flavor, will cost 350 rubles. The most expensive is a product sold in a jar, a volume of 15 grams. Its cost varies from 400 to 450 rubles. The price is considerable, but quite affordable for most fans of this brand.
Before buying any foreign-made goods, customers have many questions. Let's try to find the answers to the most common ones.
- Moisturizes or not? The composition of balsams contains a unique mixture of ingredients. The main ingredients include lanolin and cocoa seed oil. Thanks to them, instantaneous moisture, restoration of lost moisture and prevention of dryness occur.
- How to use? Balm is applied, like any similar remedy, evenly, but in abundant quantities;
- Can I use it as a base for lipstick? Yes. A woman who once made a choice in favor of this brand, and bought Carmex (lip balm), a review of it will leave a positive. It is impossible not to be delighted by the fact that the product can be used before and after applying lipstick. In the first case, the balm will play the role of the base, and in the second it will make the surface of the lips smoother and smoother.
- Why is there a slight tingling sensation during application? It's all about the presence of camphor and menthol. These ingredients have a cooling effect, and instantly relieve irritation from the cracked and irritated skin of the lips.
- Have there been animal tests? No tool from the brand "Carmex" has been tested on smaller brothers. All products, from the initial stage, right up to loading the goods, undergo a chemical analysis. In addition, the company conducts all necessary measures, according to the requirements of state authorities, and always proves that their cosmetics are safe and effective for consumers.
- Many top models in front of important photo shoots and fashion shows use Carmex brand cosmetics.
- Lip Balm, a response that almost all customers want to leave, is recognized as the most beloved commodity in the world.
- Balms do not have a shelf life.
- The most loyal fan of the brand is the Canadian model and actress Shay Mitchell.
- Every minute, more than 130 lip balms from "Carmex" are sold in the world.
If your lips need ambulance or suffered from winter frosts and dream of a miracle remedy, then only Carmex can save them from suffering. Lip balm, the tip of which each customer wants to leave, will fly through the ocean, cure, heal and forever be in the list of "mast hevov."