The legendary lip balm Carmex is produced by the company, founded in 1973 by Carma Laboratories. Since then, the American brand is considered the leader in sales in 80 countries. Despite the fact that the company is engaged in the release of skin care products, it is the balms that are a huge success. Great demand for the goods arose due to the effective composition, which includes components such as cocoa seed oil, menthol, lanolin, camphor, and others. According to customer reviews, Carmex nourishes dry skin of the lips, retains moisture and heals cracks.
Back in history: how did the first lip balm from “Carmex”
The world-famous products of the American brand was made not in the laboratory, but at home on a conventional stove. The first 2 decades of cosmetics were prepared by hand and poured into cans with a bright yellow lid. Only then did production expand and flow into production.
The state of Wisconsin is considered the birthplace of the brand, and the current head of the company is Paul Voelbing - the son of the founder of the brand Alfred Voelbing.
Initially, lip balms from the American brand “Carmex” were produced in small cans. Realization in them is still ongoing, although during the existence of the company other forms have been realized: tubes and sticks.
How is “Carmex” better than others?
3 reasons why you should buy American Carmex lip balm:
- The tool is available in different forms. For easy carrying in a clutch bag or bag in the form of a sticker, in a tube and in a small round package.
- Variety is present not only in the form of release, but also in aromatic additives.
- Versatile. Suitable for both women and men. However, the stronger sex is better to use Carmex “Classic” lip balm.
Are there any disadvantages
According to the reviews, the cosmetic product has the only drawback: high cost. However, it is worth noting that in Carmex (lip balm), the price does not greatly exceed the cost of similar means of domestic production. In addition, it is fully justified, since the composition includes quality ingredients, and the tool itself effectively copes with its responsibility.
Carmex Lip Balm
The composition includes the following list of natural ingredients:
- Aloe extract - the juice of this plant promotes the rapid healing of the lips. And the presence of this component in the balm makes them softer and more tender.
- Avocado oil is a well-proven lip treatment. Oil moisturizes and protects them from weathering, dryness and cracks.
- Beeswax - promotes healing of small wounds and, like aloe extract, makes them soft, dull and soft.
- Candelilla wax - due to the presence of this ingredient during the application of lip balm, a thin film is formed that protects from winds and other negative manifestations of nature.
- Caprylic triglyceride - made from coconut oil. Compared to others, does not leave a feeling of fatness. In the balm plays the role of a natural skin softener.
- Cocoa Seed Oil - helps to avoid frostbite and chapping of the lips. It also accelerates the recovery of damaged cells.
- Coconut oil - moisturizes, nourishes and heals microcracks.
- Cranberry Seed Oil (cold pressed) - an ingredient widely used in the production of balms, lipsticks and lip gloss. Main property: restoration of weathered skin.
- Colloidal oatmeal - heals damaged areas of the lips. Soothing during irritation and itching. The presence of starch and beta-gluten provides a water-holding function.
- Meadowfoam plant seed oil is produced from a plant that grows in the western United States. The ingredient is easily absorbed even in dry skin, and also soothes it during irritation.
- menthol is the main cause of light tingling during the application of Carmex lip balms. Menthol is obtained from natural peppermint oil. With its analgesic properties, menthol soothes dry and damaged lips, and also blocks inflammation.
- Mineral oil - is added to heal the skin of chapped lips, making them smooth and even.
- Safflower oil is produced from the seeds of the safflower plant. It contains omega-6 and many other nutrients that make it a powerful ingredient that gives lips elasticity by smoothing and moisturizing the skin.
- Shea butter is rich in fatty acids that help keep lips soft. Also, the ingredient protects from sunlight and soothes the skin.
- Vitamin E - all women know about the benefits of this component. Being an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals, the ingredient prevents dryness and cracking of the skin. Vitamin E also has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties.
Benzocaine is an anesthetic used to relieve pain and reduce itching during herpes.
Camphor is a compound that has many common properties with menthol. The ingredient has a cooling effect that reduces pain, reduces itching and burning.
Dimethicone - in lip balms is added in small quantities and with low concentration. The component retains natural moisture in the lips, thereby preventing dryness.
Phenol - known to reduce the itching that occurs during the crackle of the lips.
Salicylic acid - in small but effective amounts, the ingredient gently removes dead skin cells, peeling, but without affecting the new layer. Salicylic acid helps its camphor and menthol to absorb and begin their work faster.
Ingredients to protect and moisturize
Allontoin - acts as a plasticizer to help reduce dryness and flaking. Like many of the ingredients that are present in Carmex lip balms, allontoin reduces itching, helping dead cells to peel off and allow the skin to become smooth and soft.
Cetyl ester is an ingredient added to obtain a gliding texture without making the product sticky.
Lanolin. Lard collected from sheep's wool. Contributes to the softening of dead cells. However, a violation of the number of permissible norms can cause an allergic reaction.
Oxybenzone is a safe ingredient that protects lips from the negative effects of sunlight. It is enough to apply a balm on the lips 15 minutes before the release, and oxybenzone activates its protective function.
Vaseline. The frequency of use of this ingredient in many cosmetic products is due to the incredible low cost. But, despite the budget, the component, although temporarily, protects the open or damaged areas of the skin of the lips, forming a thin protective film, slows down the process of evaporation of moisture.
The legendary lip balm Carmex Classic, due to the presence of menthol and camphor in the composition, resembles the familiar “Golden Star” balm. By the way, the presence of the last ingredient of many people is alarming. The consistency of the balsam is thick with a light honey tinge.
During application there is a sensation of thick petroleum jelly. However, according to customers, this is a major advantage. Due to the dense film formed on the lips, the product lasts for 12 hours.
The best-selling product from the American brand Carmex. Lip balm, the review of which you need to start with its stunning sweet aroma, is popular with buyers all over the world. In addition to a pleasant smell, the cosmetic instantly heals weathered lips, blocks the onset of inflammatory processes (herpes) and quickly heals small cracks.
Also, Carmex “Cherry” lip balm due to the quality of the ingredients intensively nourishes, moisturizes and fully cares for the skin, and its delicate texture contributes to an easy and pleasant application.
Many makeup artists use a balm as a base for lipstick, as a cosmetic product visually enhances the lips.
Another equally popular fragrance from Carmex is Strawberry Lip Balm. Product reviews, as well as other means of this brand, are extremely positive. The advantages include the following properties:
- the presence of a moisturizing and nourishing formula;
- natural plant and fruit extracts included in the product;
- the presence of a sunscreen;
- instant moisturizing dry skin of the lips;
- instant recovery and healing of cracks;
- bright and slightly sweet strawberry flavor.
Carmex lip balm: where to buy and cost
You can buy products of the American brand through online stores, on the official website or in cosmetic departments that sell goods of foreign manufacture.
The cost depends on the form of packaging and flavor. The cheapest option would be “Classic” lip balm. Its cost reaches 290 rubles. Another product from Carmex is a cherry aroma lip balm that will cost 350 rubles. Considered the most expensive product sold in a jar, a volume of 15 grams. Its cost varies from 400 to 450 rubles. The price is considerable, but quite affordable for most fans of this brand.
Before purchasing any product of foreign production, buyers have a lot of questions. Let's try to find answers to the most common.
- Moisturizes or not? The balms contain a unique blend of ingredients. The main components include lanolin and cocoa seed oil. Thanks to them, instantaneous hydration occurs, the restoration of lost moisture and the prevention of dryness.
- How to use? Apply balm, as any similar tool, evenly, but in copious amounts;
- Can I use as a base for lipstick? Yes. A woman who once opted for this brand and bought Carmex (lip balm) will leave a positive review about it. It is impossible not to admire the fact that the product can be used before and after applying lipstick. In the first case, the balm will play the role of a base, and in the second it will make the surface of the lips smoother and smoother.
- Why does it feel a slight tingling during application? It's all about camphor and menthol. These ingredients have a cooling effect, as well as instantly relieve irritation from the cracked and irritated skin of the lips.
- Have animals been tested? No remedy for the brand “Carmex” was tested on the smaller brothers. All products, starting from the initial stage, up to the loading of the goods, undergo chemical analysis. In addition, the company carries out all the necessary activities, according to the requirements of state institutions, and always proves that their cosmetics are safe and effective for consumers.
- Many top models before important photo shoots and fashion shows use cosmetics brand Carmex.
- Lip balm, a review of which almost all buyers want to leave, is recognized as the most favorite product in the world.
- Balms have no expiration date.
- The most loyal fan of the brand is Canadian model and actress Shay Mitchell.
- Every minute more than 130 lip balms from “Carmex” are sold in the world.
If your lips need ambulance or suffered from winter frosts and dream of a miracle cure, then only Carmex can relieve them of their torment. Lip balm, a review about which every customer wants to leave, flies across the ocean, cures, heals and is forever on the list of “must have.”