Pain to the left of the navel is considered a common symptom, since several important organs are located on this side of the abdomen. Sometimes these feelings are insignificant and pass quickly, in other cases it can mean the presence of a serious illness. The nature of the pain to the left of the navel can also be different: acute, chronic, paroxysmal, etc. Regardless, remember that if pain causes discomfort or is not the first time, the person should be shown to specialists, as some diseases characterized by this symptom may pose a threat to his life. So, what to do if a stomach ache, and what illnesses can cause such a condition?
This pathology has a fast, progressive course. Most often, diverticulitis occurs in people over 60 years of age. It is believed that the development of this disease is associated with a delay in the diverticulum (bag-like areas protruding from the walls of the colon) of food debris, the appearance of fecal stones and the presence of a bacterial infection.
This pathology is manifested by several symptoms. In addition to having a sore stomach and body temperature, the patient may have a fever, nausea, constipation, alternating with diarrhea, vomiting, and vomit has a characteristic unpleasant smell. Sometimes the diverticulitis is accompanied by intestinal bleeding, as a result of which blood impurities may appear in the feces.
A doctor may diagnose diverticulitis after abdominal palpation, however, an additional examination is usually prescribed for a definitive diagnosis, since the symptoms of this disease are very similar to appendicitis. Treatment of the disease is usually carried out in the hospital, however, there are popular recipes, which, after consultation with the doctor, can be used as an additional treatment:
- Chop the fennel sprigs, wild rose, nettle, motherwort and chamomile flowers. After take on 1 tsp. each component, poured into a glass container and brewed 350 ml of boiling water. Insist 1.5 hours, then filter. Use the healing infusion twice a day.
- Garlic will help to restore the intestinal microflora with diverticulitis, and for this it is enough to eat one clove per day. Flaxseed and olive oils, which are recommended to be added to food, also have a good effect.
- You can normalize the stool without medication, simply by eating twice a day with 150 ml of oatmeal jelly.
Pain to the left of the navel may occur due to a banal constipation. In this case, the patient should eat more fruits and vegetables, drink at least one and a half liters of pure water per day. Drug laxatives should be used only in extreme cases and very carefully, because some of them are addictive. There are also many folk remedies that help restore bowel function:
- Mature leaves (more than 3 years) aloe cut at the very base, washed, dried, put in the refrigerator and incubated for 7 days, then passed through a meat grinder and squeeze. The resulting juice is evaporated within an hour. Use for chronic constipation 0.1-0.2 g, diluting 1 tbsp. l water.
- The most popular folk remedy for constipation is beets. It can be consumed both raw and cooked. Salad prepared from 100 g of boiled beets has a beneficial effect (grate), 1 tsp. sunflower oil and 1 tsp. honey It is recommended to eat half of the salad in the morning, on an empty stomach, the second half should be consumed during the day.
Pain to the left of the navel in this pathology will occur if an obstruction is manifested on the left side. In addition, the patient may experience vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal distension, excessive gas formation, and so on. There are several methods for treating this pathology, but they are all performed in a hospital setting, therefore hospitalization of the patient is obligatory. No medication, even if you constantly have a stomach ache, is not recommended to take medics before the arrival. Self-treatment of intestinal obstruction with folk methods is strictly prohibited.
If the stomach hurts a man or a woman, then this may be a symptom of Crohn's disease. This pathology, as a rule, is characterized by a chronic course, but if its acute form develops, then surgical intervention is advisable. No one knows the unequivocal reason for the development of this disease. Scientists suggest that the main factor may be a genetic predisposition, secondary - smoking, food allergies, stress, features of the immune system.
With Crohn's disease, in addition to constantly having a stomach ache, symptoms such as frequent mushy stools with blood, fever, lack of appetite, weight loss, anal fissures or fistulas may appear. In addition to the medical treatment prescribed by the doctor, a strict diet is indicated for the patient. In the active phase of the disease, fractional nutrition is recommended about 6 times a day, consumed foods should contain a lot of vitamins and protein. In the period of the chronic course of the disease to alleviate the condition, you can use the recipes of traditional medicine:
- Thinking about what to do if your stomach hurts, you should remember about the decoction of licorice root. This remedy is considered to be an excellent anesthetic for cramps. To prepare it, 1.5 g of the root is cleaned, crushed and poured with a glass of water, boiled for 15 minutes over low heat. Drink three times a day. However, it should be remembered that the use of this broth is contraindicated in hypertension.
- In any form of Crohn's disease, the use of chamomile tea is recommended (1 tsp. Of a dry plant per 250 ml of boiling water). You can drink it 3-4 times throughout the day.
The left side of the abdomen can hurt due to ectopic pregnancy. This pathology is sometimes accompanied by vaginal bleeding. Treatment is usually carried out with the help of surgical intervention.
Cysts on the ovaries can be located both on the right and on the left. Pain can also be of a different nature, therefore it is impossible to determine the pathology on your own. Treatment may include both medication and surgery. Sometimes folk remedies give a good effect:
- 15 g of acacia color (you can replace 2 tsp. Of dry acacia bark) pour 250 ml of vodka, cover with a tight lid and remove for a week in a dark place. After the expiration of the infusion filter. Use three times a day, 20 ml. The full course of treatment is 1 month.
- Ovarian cysts can be fought with the help of ordinary drinking soda, which hostesses use in cooking. So, for the preparation of medicines 1 tbsp. l soda quenched with a glass of vinegar and add 200 ml of vodka. The mixture obtained is dissolved in 3 liters of water. Next, take a cotton fabric, soak it with soda solution and apply overnight on the lower abdomen as a compress. The course duration is 2-3 weeks, after which it is necessary to take a two-week break. In the presence of a tumor, such procedures are contraindicated.
If the middle of the abdomen hurts, it is possible that the patient “earned” a stomach hernia due to weight lifting or excessive physical exertion. If the diagnosis is correct, then a burning sensation will be felt at the location of the pathology and a bulge will be observed. Therapy is carried out only by surgery. It is not recommended to ignore the treatment of a hernia, as this can lead to serious consequences, including death.
This condition manifests itself in cases where the uterine tissue begins to grow outside the uterus. Pain is progressive in nature and, as a rule, increases before the onset of menstruation. In addition, endometriosis can manifest as rectal pain or discomfort during intercourse. The treatment is carried out with anti-inflammatory and hormonal preparations. If time is missed, surgery may be recommended.
What is contraindicated in case of abdominal pain?
If a patient has a bad stomach and temperature, you should not rely on your strength. It is best to call an ambulance. Before the arrival of specialists, the patient should be given rest, you can put ice on the stomach and give 1-2 tablets of “No-shpy”. It is strictly forbidden to apply a warm heating pad to the stomach, as this may provoke a sharp development of the disease. You can not also eat, put enemas and take laxatives.