The word "aster" in literal translation from Greek means "star". This name of the flower is associated with an amazing ancient legend. The constellation of the Virgin was associated with the Greeks with Aphrodite. Once the goddess of love, when she looked at the ground, dropped her tear. A beautiful flower emerged from this cosmic dust. People called it "astra". Since then, an amazing plant has become the embodiment of love. Today, people rarely think about how a flower appeared, but its exquisite beauty is appreciated. This is one of the favorite plants of gardeners. But, unfortunately, a beautiful view of the flower can spoil the disease. Asters need protection, which protects them from adversity.
a brief description of
The amazing astral variety is struck by the one-year-old aster. Breeders produced a huge number of varieties. They are surprisingly different in color and shape. A beautiful plant is able to please needle, terry, pomponnye, pion-shaped inflorescences of bright saturated tones.
The plant is planted on flowerbeds, they are decorated with curbs, balconies. After all, it blooms in July and continues to remain beautiful until late autumn. The plant is rather unpretentious. But some factors can trigger aster disease.
Consider what kind of misfortunes are most often subjected to a beautiful flower.
This is the most common aster disease. The photo shows how the plant dies. It can be affected in any period of vegetation. But most of all, this process is manifested during the beginning of flowering.
Brown strips appear on the affected area of the stem. Can change the color of even the whole stem. Leaflets, being exposed to disease, sag and get a brown tint.
Infection of flowers occurs through the soil. This is facilitated by factors that weaken the root:
- clayey heavy soils;
- introduction of fresh manure into the soil;
- insufficient or excessive moisturizing;
- formation on the soil of the crust.
How to deal with fusariosis?
Diseases of asters and the fight against them - this is an urgent issue of concern to gardeners.
They recommend the following actions to avoid infection of the flower:
- Before sowing, the seeds should be soaked for 15-18 hours in a solution of microfertilizers (0.05% magnesium sulfate or 0.03% cobalt chloride) for seeding purposes.
- The soil mixture is watered with diluted manganese (per 10 liters of water - 1.5 g). Seeds are filled with dry sand.
- Asters affected by the disease must be removed immediately.
Septoria or brown spot
On the leaves of the lower tier appear light brown spots. This is quite a nasty disease of asters. Over time, the spots become gray. Above on the sheet are visible pycnidia of the fungus.
During flowering, the leaves begin to dry out. The plant loses its decorativeness.
Picnides are able to hibernate on plant remains. The disease spreads seeds that were collected from the affected flower.
Methods of struggle
Gardeners carefully studied the diseases of asters and the fight against them. Experienced specialists propose to resort to the following procedures:
- As soon as such aster disease was noticed, it is necessary to immediately spray the plant with Bordeaux liquid (1%), copper oxychloride (0.5%).
- It is necessary to perform 2-3 such procedures. The interval between sprays should be 10-14 days.
This defeat disfigures the leaves of the aster and the buds of the bud. Even flower stalks can suffer. But notice the aphid is possible only when the leaf opens.
The pest inside the kidney hovers on the branches of the plum. Initially, several generations of aphids hatch and develop. And only by the end of June there is a pest capable of flying over composite plants. From the winged aphids suffer chrysanthemums, asters, sunflowers. It is on these cultures that the pest begins to multiply rapidly.
In autumn the aphid again returns to the plum. She lays eggs on the branches of the trees. Only they survive the winter.
How to deal with aphids?
It is important to pay attention to the condition of the plant in a timely manner. If mutilated leaves or kidneys are seen, immediate measures must be taken:
- Initially, you should make sure that the aphids affected the plant. To do this, carefully deploy the kidney.
- An excellent "weapon" against aphids is a systemic insecticide.
- A positive result will ensure the spraying of Malathion, depanom, trichlorfon or means of "INTA-VIR". This procedure should be done in early spring. It is best to spray the plant at the time when Astra will be no more than 4 true leaves.
Any illness of an aster per year results in the loss of the original beautiful flower species. Gray rot is not an exception. It affects leaves, stems, inflorescences. Especially dangerous is the disease for young shoots.
Leaflets and stem in the place of lesion acquire a brown color. There is a softening of the tissues. Damaged areas begin to rot. In these zones a fluffy gray coating of mushroom mycelium is formed. The rapid growth of the disease is noted in cool rainy weather.
Diseases and pests of one-year-old asters can very quickly destroy a beautiful plant. To get rid of gray rot, the same solutions that are used for septoriosis are possible.
On leaves are formed, if there is such a disease asters, yellow spots. How to deal with such misfortune?
Initially, we will consider how the disease manifests itself. The lower leaves of the plant acquire an autumn color. They start to turn yellow or blush. Then quickly wither. However, this symptomatology is typical for a variety of diseases. Therefore, to determine the bacterial spotting, it is necessary to conduct a laboratory analysis.
Attack swiftly spreads during wet weather or as a result of frequent watering. Because the moist environment accelerates the spread and introduction of the pathogen through the wound and stomatal gaps.
The causative agent of the disease is able to winter on the affected areas. Therefore, the astruus can be propagated only from a healthy plant. In addition, when growing asters, you must adhere to strict hygiene.
Allows you to get acquainted with the way this astersch illness looks like, a photo posted in the article.
Methods to combat spotting
To get rid of the disease, the following measures are taken:
- It is necessary to provide the leaves with a dry medium. To do this, refuse for a while from sprinkling with sprinkling.
- In the preventive purposes it is recommended to treat the Astra with copper sulfate. Spraying is 1 every three weeks. This procedure should be repeated several times. When it sprayed not only the plant itself but the soil.
- In the case of the occurrence of the disease is recommended to treat the plant with Bordeaux liquid (1%) and copper oxychloride (0,5%). The procedure must be repeated 2-3 times. The interval between sprays should be 10-12 days.
If you want an amazing flower to please you with its beautiful flowering, provide him with the necessary conditions:
- Astra, one-year-old does not like shade, and also excess moisture. So choose a sunny open space for it.
- Best of all, an aster feels in a fertile, neutral acid soil.
- It is not recommended to feed the plant organic fertilizers. Especially detrimental to the condition of the asters to be affected by the introduction of fresh manure. To feed the crop can be decomposed compost or mineral complex fertilizer.
If you provide the necessary care for a plant, a beautiful flower will thank you for the magnificent flowering that will last until late autumn.