Previously, for the construction of buildings and the construction of interior partitions only brick was used. With the improvement of building materials, he replaced claydite-concrete products, gas silicate and foam concrete blocks. On this variety, manufacturers also did not stop, so today we have another, more advanced version - blocks pazogrebnevye. What are the advantages of this type, what properties it is endowed with, how complex it is in work and where it is used, we will tell you in this article.
Description of the material
Pazogrebnevye blocks are made of a gypsum or silicate mixture. The finished product is presented in the form of plates and blocks (white, green or gray) of a rectangular shape, along the edges of which there are protrusions and grooves for joining adjacent elements.
The product can be either solid or hollow. The shape of the crest blocks are divided into trapezoidal and rectangular. On the quality of the material, this difference is not reflected in any way, therefore they are chosen depending on personal preferences.
The fixed dimensions of the material allow the construction of even piers in a short time. Masonry can be made in one or two layers, in the second case, between the layers, you can easily hide electrical wiring and other communications.
The finished wall turns out to be strong enough and can be used in any climatic conditions.
Positive features of the material
Having considered the basic characteristics of the material, it can be concluded that the blocks (paso-crest) are practically universal. They can be used in residential and technical premises in wet and dry climates. In addition, the gypsum block fully meets all sanitary standards and construction requirements. Also to positive qualities include the following of its properties:
1. Full fire safety. Blocks of this type are classified as non-combustible materials that do not emit an odor when exposed to fire.
2. Ecological compatibility. Since the product contains no toxic substances, it is absolutely safe for people and the environment.
3. High vapor permeability. The structure of the unit does not interfere with the exit of steam, so that the room retains a comfortable microclimate.
4. Resistance to temperature and humidity changes. The material is not deformed and is covered by cracks as a result of a sharp change in the internal climate in the building.
5. Small width of plates. When constructing internal partitions from this material, the useful area of the room decreases insignificantly.
6. Economical. The use of blocks and slabs facilitates the acceleration of the construction process (due to the large size of the product) and cost savings (due to the low block cost).
7. No need to plaster the walls. The surface of the partitions is perfectly smooth and smooth.
8. Light weight. Lightweight material is very easy to install and does not put a heavy load on the base.
Varieties of blocks of blocks
Pazogrebnevye blocks for partitions are of the following types:
The choice of this or that option depends on the specifics of the room.
Normal blocks can only be used in dry and well-ventilated areas. This is due to the fact that they do not include hydrophobic components that protect the material from moisture.
Moisture-resistant varieties (they can be identified by a green hue) can be operated in rooms with normal and high humidity.
Hollow blocks are used to build partitions when their main function is to delimit space. In this case, the work will be done very quickly, but you will not be able to hang heavy objects on the wall.
Full-bodied variants are distinguished by their high strength and considerable weight, which increases the load on the base. However, when it is necessary to achieve high levels of heat and sound insulation, this option is optimal.
The operational properties and dimensions of the blocks are different depending on their variety, however, some similar indicators can be distinguished:
• the mass of one hollow plate is about 25-27 kg;
• The standard solid block weighs about 40 kg;
• The weight of one m² of the pier is 85 kg;
• the density of the material is 1000 kg / m³;
• the strength of the plate for bending is 2.2 MPa.
The degree of water absorption of standard blocks is 25%, while in water resistant versions this quality does not rise above the 5% mark.
Most often in construction blocks with dimensions of 667x500x80 mm are used. For products with these dimensions, the noise absorption level does not exceed 43 dB. To increase the sound insulation of the walls, the blocks are used as 667x500x100 mm. The increased width of the slab prevents foreign noise from entering the room, but this partition takes up more space.
Scope of application
Standard blocks are intended for erection of partitions in rooms, the height of which does not exceed 4.2 meters.
Hollow versions are more often used for erection of partitions in apartments and country houses. Solid blocks are used for building walls in public and industrial premises.
Two-layer walls of gypsum blocks demarcate the space of neighboring apartments, and products with a large thickness are used for facade cladding (in order to reduce the heat loss of the building).
Are there any shortcomings in the pile-block blocks?
Each building material has certain shortcomings in addition to a number of positive features. Exceptions did not become blocks and pazogrebnevye.
If you pay attention to their main advantage - ease, you can understand that in some issues it can become the main drawback of the material.
As it was said earlier, heavy metal shelves, shelves and other interior items can not be attached to the walls of such blocks. In view of this feature, homeowners have to install additional fasteners, which causes a lot of trouble.
Also, the gypsum board spacing requires additional fixation at the ceiling, otherwise the wall may stagger.
If we consider the financial issue, then in comparison with other building materials pile-blocks are much more economical. Their cost depends on the manufacturer and the technical characteristics of the product.
For example, the standard knauf blocks with a size of 667x500x80 will cost about 210 rubles per piece, and products with a thickness of 100 mm - 240 rubles. Water resistant versions of this manufacturer will cost the buyer from 290 rubles for one plate.
The products of the domestic manufacturer "Volma" have a lower price tag. The cost of a standard hollow block varies between 180-200 rubles. Water resistant options have a price tag of 230 rubles apiece.
What are the nuances you need to know when working with gypsum blocks
1. The construction of walls from the blocks should be started immediately after the construction of the building (before the beginning of the finish). Work should be carried out at a temperature of at least +5 degrees and low humidity.
2. Blocks (parasol) are transported and moved very carefully to prevent mechanical damage to the material or its waterlogging. Plates are stacked on each other in stacks no higher than 2 meters.
3. Neighboring elements are attached to each other with a special fixing compound. The laying can be done either with a groove up or down. The first option is considered the most convenient, since in this case the adhesive is better distributed in the groove.
4. In order for the plates to be as reliable and qualitative as possible, they must be treated with a primer before carrying out the work.
5. The adhesive should be applied in such a way that the thickness of the joint does not exceed 2 mm. Between the ceiling and the last (top) plate, leave 2 cm of clearance, which at the end is filled with mounting foam.
As you can see, the positive qualities of the blocks are much greater than the disadvantages, which is why today they are at the peak of their popularity.
In conclusion, I would like to draw the attention of beginning builders to the fact that in today's markets there is a lot of this product from unscrupulous producers. Buying building materials at a low price, you run the risk of encountering such troubles as the extreme fragility of the block, the discrepancy in size and the sudden cracking on the walls.
As practice shows, it is better to purchase such goods in large retail chains that value their name and monitor the quality of the products offered. If previously you did not have to buy such materials, and you do not know where to buy high-quality blocks - Leroy Merlin, Maxidom, OBI and other similar stores, visit first.