Summer shower in the country is a necessary structure. It not only adds a bit of comfort, but also provides an opportunity to cool off in hot weather or to clean up after working in the garden. Especially since it is quite simple to build it, the main thing is to decide on which tank to choose for the summer shower.
Criteria for selecting tanks
When deciding on which one to choose a tank, it is necessary to take into account its three main characteristics:
Choosing tanks for the shower, be sure to determine their weight. This is a very significant factor, which is reflected in the transportation and installation of the entire structure. First of all, the tank should not be heavy, but its strength and ability to withstand heavy loads from the mass of water should be at the highest level.
The color of the tank will directly affect the temperature of the water. Bright shower tanks do not heat up so quickly and provide an opportunity to rinse with cool water. In a black tank, water not only warms up much faster, but will also retain its heat longer.
Pay attention to the shape of the tank is also not superfluous. It can be round, square or rectangular (flat). As for the latter, it is considered the best option, since such a tank for a summer shower warms faster and more evenly, has greater stability and can be mounted on a sloping roof, and can also be the roof of a shower cabin.
Types of tanks for the summer shower
Now you can choose containers made of various materials. The most popular are:
- metal tank of various types of steel;
- plastic container, for the manufacture of which food grade polyethylene is used;
- a flat tank for a shower from polymeric elastic fabric. It looks like a “pillow” filled with water, and is provided with two holes where the water is poured and drained.
Consider the first two types of tanks.
As a rule, they can be made of carbon, galvanized or stainless steel:
- Carbon steel tanks are distinguished by their strength, durability and low cost. They usually come in a rectangular flat shape with a hole at the top, where water is poured, with a capacity of 100-200 liters. Their disadvantage is the tendency to corrosion, which is eliminated by coating them with enamel.
- Galvanized shower tanks due to a layer of zinc are not so susceptible to corrosion, but in order to enhance the anti-corrosion properties, they should be further painted. They are round, square or rectangular with a volume of 40-200 liters, having a lifetime of up to 10 years.
- The most durable are stainless steel tanks, which corrosion is not at all terrible. Such steel has high strength and significantly lower weight, since the wall thickness of the products is no more than 1 mm, which does not prevent them from being able to withstand a large mass of water. They can be of any shape with a capacity from 40 to 200 liters.
Despite the fact that such containers have a different shape, the most popular among truckers is the flat plastic shower tank. This is due to the fact that such capacity is inexpensive and has a low weight, and this is very important during installation. In addition, it is very durable (30-50 years).
The flat form allows you to quickly and evenly heat the water, and can also serve, in addition to its intended purpose, as the roof of the summer shower itself. Polyethylene is UV resistant, environmentally friendly and durable material that is not susceptible to corrosion. The water in these tanks is well preserved and does not bloom. It is poured with buckets or with a pump. Plastic shower tank can be either without heating, or with built-in heating elements.
Heated tanks - advantages and disadvantages
The water in the tanks without heating is heated by sunlight. This process takes place without control and participation of the owners. But since there are cloudy days in the summer, and many people go to the country in spring and autumn, some summer residents have the need to always have warm water in their souls.
This possibility is provided by heated shower tanks. They have built-in heating elements, thanks to which water heats up to the desired temperature, and thermostats and temperature sensors installed in tanks make it possible to control the degree of heating.
Along with the advantages of these tanks have some disadvantages:
- the need for electricity and the proximity of the grid;
- connection to the central water supply or use of the pump for timely water supply;
- monitoring the filling of the tank with water, since the heaters must be constantly in it in order not to burn out;
- equipping the tank with a device showing the water level.
That is why such tanks are not suitable for those who have no electricity supply in the country, and it is impossible to constantly provide the necessary water pressure.
Buck do it yourself
If you have some skills, then an elementary tank for a shower to the country can be done independently, using the available materials.
The simplest version of such a tank can be any barrel that you have on the site. It is necessary to put it in order, as well as install a hole with a thread for a crane, and the tank is ready.
If you have sheet metal, which is usually available at each cottage, the tank can be welded from it. Naturally, this will require some effort, but you will save on the purchase of a finished tank.
Under the tank can be adapted and the usual plastic container for storing water.
As you can see, there are many options. If you are interested in arranging a summer shower at your dacha, you will surely choose the one that meets your idea of comfort, as well as tastes and financial possibilities.